iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where do you get a bigger muffler for a MS660?

Started by customsawyer, January 22, 2008, 07:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I recently bought a MS660 and have heard on hear that you can get a bigger muffler for it. Can one of you wise men point me in the right direction.
Has anybody tried the other air filter that Bailey's offers? How much did it help?

Thanks Jake
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

oldsaw

You can get a factory dual port from your dealer or modify the muffler yourself.  Do an internet search and search this site on the topic.  You don't replace the whole muffler, just the front cover.

In either case you will have to richen up the mixture on the carb or you will risk seizing the saw due to an over lean condition.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Ed

customsawyer

Thanks for the info I read that post of yours last night Ed but didn't know if there was some where I could just buy the muffler.
Jake
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!