iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

crosscut milling

Started by marshall m, July 27, 2016, 11:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshall m

the machine I work with is for cutting units of 2x6 and 2x4 into studs the issue I'm having is that chain when sharp grabs the wood and tries to run away from the guide bar is there a way grinned or file the chain  in a way that it will not depend on the rakers to determine cut speed the bar come down on the wood by a hydraulic ram  and will never be at the same speed as the rakers

Ada Shaker

It's a little confusing,  any chance of a pic. Are you cross cutting with a milling chain? That has a low depth gauge?. Or is the chain too loose or the feed rate too high?.
If it hangs to the left, your likely to be a Husqvarna man.
If it hangs to the right, your likely to be a Stihl man.
Anything else is an uncomfortable compromise.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

marshall m

I don't know how to post pics yet. the machine is an L&M verticut 2000. the chain I use is a Oregon 68LX I have tried 25/65and 10/65 on the grinder and 25° with 7/32 file .07''  above top of tooth on my stihl FG2 and new stock chain

Ada Shaker

That's quite a nice looking machine. Don't know too much about them other  than what I've seen on the net. Supposed to use some special 3/8" chain rather than the 0.404" chain, could that be an attributing factor to it being so grabby when sharp. Has the speed rate for hydraulics been adjusted to compensate for a larger chain?. Just throwing ideas around.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

marshall m

Dose anyone make a chain that has high rakers out of the box .010-.o15

Ada Shaker

Quote from: marshall m on July 28, 2016, 09:03:44 PM
Dose anyone make a chain that has high rakers out of the box .010-.o15

That's an interesting question, and a bit of an eye opener. I'd have to assume that the original chain type is no longer available from the machine manufacturer?. The machines I've looked at on the net don't seem that old. I hope you can sort your chain issues or someone else state side can shed some more light on the issue.
                             AND

Thank You Sponsors!