iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We can all learn safety features from these guys...????

Started by Slingshot, October 24, 2009, 04:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

climbncut

I love ear protection and fresh air. I couldn't imagine milling with out em!
Tree Topping: "The most costly, money-wasting, tree mistreatment in the world"- Shigo

sparks

All the covers should be on the mill at all times. Safety should be any sawyers number one concern. The drive belt comes off when he disengages the blade because he does not have the brake strap adjusted right. Did you see how hard he has to pull the engage handle? He has his drive belt adjusted so tight that it is going to break the crankshaft on the engine. Tightening the belt will not stop it from coming off. When you have your brake strap adjusted properly you should be able to get the belt off the pulley almost all the way yet not get it off. With the engine running, if that belt would grab while he is putting it back on, he would get severly injured.

If anybody knows who this guy is this info should get passed on to him.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Brucer

Quote from: sparks on October 29, 2009, 08:51:54 AM
... He has his drive belt adjusted so tight that it is going to break the crankshaft on the engine. ...

For this guy, that might not be a bad thing.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

logwalker

Is that an early model WM? The clutch looks like it turns differently from mine. Why would this even be posted? Makes no sense.
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Magicman

And he can even check his battery without removing a cover.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!