iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just arriving

Started by MiamiCityboy, July 20, 2019, 08:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiamiCityboy

;) Hi from Miami Fl , just found this forum from a  post  of Piston on Pinterest , I wanted to share with you my  homemade saw mill , I made from scratches, and I have been using it very well so far  for a  year, but i am so happy that I have found this forum so I can find information and learn. Here I leave a couple of  picts of my  baby.

moosehunter

Now I knew that "Everybody has a cousin in Miami" bit I didn't know that someone had a sawmill in Miami. Looks functional. I would recommend some blade guards!
Welcome to the forum!

mh

that is a Jimmy Buffett reference for those that don't know
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum.
What's all the lumber being used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MiamiCityboy

I have been making some  furniture, live edges pieces that  are  trendy now nad  of course selling.

MiamiCityboy

Quote from: moosehunter on July 20, 2019, 08:42:22 PM
Now I knew that "Everybody has a cousin in Miami" bit I didn't know that someone had a sawmill in Miami. Looks functional. I would recommend some blade guards!
Welcome to the forum!

mh

that is a Jimmy Buffett reference for those that don't know
Yes I  have many cousins in Miami since I am Cuban, but , that I know there is only two more sawmills here in Miami but mine is the only one "home made",  in  my drive way with my southbend lathe and an old Lincoln welder. 

Southside

Welcome to the Forum - nice job on the mill and nice lumber.  By all means GUARD THAT THING!!  If you have not yet broken a band you may not understand why - but the first time you do - I hope you can move fast!!  I broke one this past week and she came apart into three pieces, with guarding the sudden bang makes you jump and say bad words, without I think it would be a case of trying to dodge a load of buckshot.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Brad_bb

Nice!  Yes, bands will eventually fatigue, crack, and then break.  Blade guards contain the band when it breaks so it doesn't whip and hit you.  I've had 2 break in the last 4 years.  Others don't make it to the end of their fatigue life because of hitting metal in the log usually they become junk.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

kelLOGg

Nice welding on the chain legs. I can't even see the welds.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Outlaw

Welcome to the forum, these guy's have a ton of knowledge.  Me, not so much.  
TK 1600, old logging equipment,  sthil chainsaws

MiamiCityboy

I am  here to absorb all I can from you  guys.

RAYAR

Quote from: MiamiCityboy on July 21, 2019, 02:12:46 PM
I am  here to absorb all I can from you  guys.
It'll make your head explode ... LOL

Welcome to this great forum!

Ray
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (430,000 Km)

thecfarm

Nice looking "lumber" ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!