iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

think you are having a bad monday

Started by slider, July 02, 2012, 12:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

this is what we found monday morning at the farm.big storm sunday night.
al glenn

mooleycow

we had one last night.  3 dead, 40 hurt in eastern NC.

Magicman

Wow guys, so much loss, pain, and suffering.  We all have to reach out to each other during times like this.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

slider

molleycow,our stuff is trivial compared to that hope your family is safe and well
al glenn

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Clam77

Looks alot like the storm that blew through here the other night.  Same results for alot of people..
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

customsawyer

Loss of the shed is bad enough but what about the equipment under it?
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

We got lucky a gravity wagon and spreader supported one side ,most of our tractors are hooked to hard reels and in the fields.We took two loaders and lifted it one section at a time while dragging out the remaining equipment.

al glenn

WDH

Looks like it went down like dominoes.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

slider

WDH this shelter was 30 years old but the problem was they used treated post 4x6's that were not labeled for in ground use.may be this will help some one in the future .
al glenn

Kansas

Been there, done that. Its no fun. Insurance might help pay for some of the cleanup. I can tell you from my experience, a skid steer with a clamp bucket helps so much. That and those big rollout dumpsters. Unless you plan on trying to salvage the tin, just find a junkyard and put all the metal in it. I filled one to overflowing after the tornado, or downburst, or whatever it was that hit my farm. That tin does look a lot more salvageable though.

b dukes

I heard there was some bad weather come through over the last few days. I have been out of town for a week. , makes me wonder what I will find when I get home today.

slider

kansas,the tin is good we are taking it off now.they put it on with screws thank goodness.the rafters are in good shape for their age.i just put new tires on our skid steer today,guess it will come in handy.It is our first one ,man is this thing handy.
al glenn

Ernie

After our fire, we sold the tin from the roof and walls.  $200.00 per tonne and they picked it up for free.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

customsawyer

Glad to see you are getting things dug out. Like you need any more to do on a farm.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!