iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

detroit diesel flapping sound no power

Started by polemidis, January 30, 2020, 01:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polemidis

Quote from: BargeMonkey on February 02, 2020, 11:21:35 AM
I didnt think anyone was going to catch that. Yeah a Detroit 2 stroke engine with no valves, like a green weedeater. One of the boats here still has a FB / OP, end of the blower kind of hangs into the galley. 20-30yrs and this stuff will be gone, It's like a" 6-110 "detroit, most people have never seen or touched one, I know of 3-4 still running. Tell the average idiot today about an O/P and they think its radical NEW engine technology, 🤣
All these sound Greek to me! 
Wait, I am Greek, so that does not make sense, so its all sound Chinese to me! hhahahahaha

Btw 3 days in a row, the machine works flawlessly. Problem solved. Water/ice in fuel tank and clogged filter were the issue. I did drain the bottom of the tank and put some fuel additive in. 
When me works, me works hard.
When me stops to think, me falls asleep.

moodnacreek

Being raised on gasoline engines means very little when you go to [older] diesels. Lack of fuel, fuel pressure, air in fuel and so on send confusing signals. One must remember that the diesel fuel injection is the fuel, spark and timing all at the same time. Some diesels will smoke black when deprived of fuel.

moodnacreek

Quote from: BargeMonkey on February 03, 2020, 09:42:42 AM
Quote from: moodnacreek on February 03, 2020, 07:23:19 AM
Was there a 1-71?
Yup. Theres one in PA in beautiful running shape and I think they wanted 12k ? There was supposedly 3k of them made, I see where one was sold "as is" seized in marginal shape for 5k bucks cash, in NH and actually went to the tractor dealer down here off Rt20, and that was 2013 so ???  
Must have been test engines. The Texaco resource facility formerly nearby, used Cat 1 cylinder test engines. Never heard of ported jimmy 2 strokes. Thanks for reply.

Caseybow123

Sounds like to me that you have water or ice in your fuel filters. Easy and cheapest place to start. I have had this issue before with my timberjack 230.

Thank You Sponsors!