iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New meaning to “public buildings”.

Started by Bibbyman, July 27, 2008, 01:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebocardo

Well, on the flip side of the coin, we have people that will go into a church with a shot gun and blast away at people because he was upset about their liberal views.

Just like we had a criminal (Brian Nichlos) take out four people in his court house escape. So now all our local courts are like entering a restricted military base.

Which reminds me, before 9/11 we use to take our children right to the chain link gate to watch planes take off and land at the air force base. That does not happen anymore.

Unfortunately we have criminals that know no bounds, just like their family members that visit them. Some have been bold enough to distract clerks, then lean over their counter and steal the clerk's pocketbook from under the clerk's desk.

An armored courthouse or public building is only as good as the fab skills of a  nut case that will built an armored CAT to take it out or blow it up with a truck bomb.

I think the best course of action is not to have so many people walking around thinking they have nothing to lose. Because that is the most dangerous person against which is little defense. For that I have few solutions.

I am of the view, people are more polite to each other and are safer when everyone is armed.

Gary_C

Quote from: OneWithWood on July 28, 2008, 01:10:32 PM

We as a people (citizens of the USA) are not under siege as a whole.  

You are going to have a hard time convincing me of that as I sit here filling out my IRS Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return. Just because I own and operate a semi tractor I am required to file and only because the rules have an exemption for agriculture vehicles driven under 7500 miles per year, am I exempt from paying the $550.00 annual fee.

Now I certainly understand that I should have to register this truck with the state of Minnesota where I live and do pay the fees for the annual license. But even then, regardless of wether I ever drive out of the state, Minnesota requires me to get a US DOT number which has an added requirement that I maintain a driver qualification file on myself and pay to enroll myself in a random drug testion program or face thousands of dollars in fines and penalities.

And if I ever have to drive into the next state in this free country, I have to turn in my Minnesota license and get an apportioned plate under IRP and buy a fuel tax permit under IFTA. This fuel tax permit "allows" me to record every mile I drive in every jurisdiction (state) including getting out my log book as I cross every border and record the date, time, and odometer reading.

Now you might think this is enough, but the feds have just enacted this new Uniform Carrier Registration, UCR which requires me to register all my semi trucks and trailers under a separate registration and fee system that they are now setting up. Last year I was resigned to filling out these new UCR forms and pay the forty dollar fee when I discovered I had to pay eight dollars to pay this new forty dollar fee. Paying a fee to pay a fee was just too much for me and I threw the forms away.  >:(

You had better believe I feel "under siege!"

This reminds me of the meeting I attended a couple of years ago that was put on by the MN DOT to "explain" the newly enacted tie down regulations. There was one provision that was particularly offensive to the log truckers at the meeting and the DOT officer finally defended it by saying the truckers should have objected during the alloted comment period and the truckers said they had done that and were just ignored. So finally the DOT officer said "what do I have to do to convince you, shoot you?" Another logger said you don't have your gun and then another DOT officer in the back of the room said "I'll loan him mine."  :o :o

So yes our government officials are prepared to shoot down any protests and objections from the unruly public.  >:( >:(
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

OneWithWood

Gary, be sure to file a complaint and fill it out in triplicate  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

moonhill

Yesterday on the radio news there was a bit about an illegal alien from Brazil that was shot by a police officer.  The girlfriend and mother of their two children was in an dither about how she was going to explain this to their children.  He also had a previous criminal record in which he had used a vehicle in a hit and run among other offenses, while still in the country as an illegal.   He had just rammed the officers vehicle after a chase, he was blocked in.   And now he is dead. 

He had no permit or license to drive in this country.  Yet he was using a deadly weapon.  It could of been a firearm as well, and the girl still would of been complaining. 

I may have some minor facts mixed, but my point is simple.  Permits are for the honest folks?   

I will have to read back to see where this went from public buildings to firearms.   Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

Bibbyman

Quote from: moonhill on July 30, 2008, 06:38:53 AM

I will have to read back to see where this went from public buildings to firearms.   Tim

It's my fault.  I used one example where many years ago I walked directly into the sheriff's office and set down with him and got my business done in a casual, personal manner.  That happened to be to get a permit to buy a handgun.  Then I compared my experience some 20 years later of having to go through security doors and talk to a deputy behind bullet proof glass and got poor service. 

I should have said I went in and had a bowl of grits with the sheriff.   food3
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Kansas

Most of these threads invariably get around to food....

Too bad this one went on the dark side and mentioned the "g" word........

moonhill

It seem some topics may get moved for one reason or another, which may be a good thing. 

Food?  Is that a safe topic or have I missed something.   Tim

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

smoothED

You could all blame me for swaying the topic, i'm the red headed stepchild anyway :'(

sawman

As of last year sometime, Missouri no longer requires permits from sheriffs for one to purchase handguns.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Mooseherder

Was that Missouri's Govenor who was on Glenn Beck last night?   She had bought her 15 year old son a Rifle for his birthday.  She is also for Drilling oil offshore and wants a Refinery in her State.   

moonhill

Mooseherder, I listened to that interview on the radio.  I think he thought she was sweet.  Tim

OneWithWood

Is she wanting to drill in the Mississippi or Misouri river?  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

moonhill

Nope, off shore, just like Norway, and they have a much harsher climate than we do and they have a safe proven record.  Tim

SwampDonkey

Send her to the arctic, after a 4 year study the USGS says there are 90 billion barrels of oil untapped up there.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bibbyman

Quote from: OneWithWood on July 31, 2008, 01:16:05 PM
Is she wanting to drill in the Mississippi or Misouri river?  :D

There's oil in Missouri - mostly in the south west corner next to Oklahoma but there are oil wells in other parts of the state also.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!