iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Back to sawing

Started by captain_crunch, November 11, 2010, 11:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain_crunch

Got done with logging(ah er giving logs away) Finally got parts for Ford 3000 hyd pump(cost about half what logging made >:() But got the old Bellsaw going again. Now after one day sawing notice I don't have as many logs stockpiled as I thought  :-\  Before had to load deck with a cat WAY too big or tractor with A frame. Now with 2910 Ford and good loader eat up too many logs too fast ::) Will have to Boare you with some pics as soon as I remember where camera is ??? ???Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

paul case

i can hardly wait..........       smiley_computer_monitor  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

backwoods sawyer

Good to hear that you are back at it. I have been working on getting a second mill up and running up in the north part of the county. It like sawing a whole lot better then millwright work though.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Magicman

Plus sawing is relaxing.  Hectic, but still relaxing.  Welcome home to the mill.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peder McElroy

Glad to read your post.As another Belsaw miller I like to see what you are up to.

captain_crunch

Here are a few pics first the hyd pump that has had me stopped

next mill from saw dust shed

My copy of M_M's end hook set up

Think I got carried away with size of mill shed

M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

captain_crunch

Going for more
New loading method till I get forks

Loaded on deck

2 more

just need to rember 2910 is not as stable as HD-11

tyb525

After hearing Magic Man's comment, makes me wish I had a hyd. mill so milling could be relaxing for me, too. :D ;)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

paul case

there wasnt any reason to relax when i was 18.   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

WH_Conley

Bill

captain_crunch

here are the last
One I whittled down to size

My resaw pile

Some of what I got to cut

Loading deck

backwoods sawyer

You got quite the sawmill set up there. Next thing you know you will be adding a log incline chain with an unscrambler.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

tyb525

Those are some nice looking logs - I've always wanted to try my hand at a circular.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

bandmiller2

Cruncher,you've got a nice setup there,only thing I'd add is a longer dead deck and extend the roof over it.Its nice to have at least a full days cutting under cover especially when it snows or icy rain.I feel for you on tractor parts,sometimes you need a junker just to keep one running. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

northwoods1

Nice setup and logs :) are you cutting the logs right there at your place?

captain_crunch

Thanks for the replies
B_K_S
Ifn I could add any more at tine it would be a shed with a Planer to even my boo boos out ;D
Bandmiller
I need to do that but with out roof so rain can wash dirt off logs also if I use hd-11 roof gets in way. But with forks on tractor I can load deck in not too bad of time.
Hyd pump was spendy but I have owned the tractor for 35 years(it was my Graduation gift) so pump don't owe me much.
I saw more for hobby and Ranch repair so production is not a major factor. Only market around here is 6X6 and larger beams or 1X12 barn sideing. I mainly try to use what mills wont pay for as a log lesss than 18' is only worth 50.00 per thousand and at 250.00 per load to town just don't pay

Magicman

I was glad to see those "end tongs" in use.  I use my small one almost daily moving and sliding logs around.  Also rolling a stubborn log on the toe boards using the side supports.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!