iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Settlements 10,000 years old 100 feet under Lake Huron

Started by Sedgehammer, May 10, 2021, 08:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedgehammer

Settlements 10,000 years old 100 feet under lake huron....... oops there goes the man made warming scam.....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2700903/
Necessity is the engine of drive

WV Sawmiller

Kind of looks like proof that mermaids and mermen did exist. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

It is really quite amazing. The Burgess Shale in the Rocky Mountains is over 4,000' ASL yet contains a rich bed of fossilized sea life, we can't imagine the massive forces that put it there. We certainly have not helped our cause over the last 200 or so years but as you suggest climate change is certainly not entirely our fault like many spout.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

When I was stationed in SD, while exploring/hunting in the Black Hills, I came across an area (gravel pit) where there were fish skeletons, snail shells, clam shells, and fossilized aquatic plants!

A lot of things have changes since those were deposited!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Edvantage

I have been wondering for a few years what might be under lake superior. I found a human moccasins track in the sandstone cliffs along the shoreline. They have found signs of "prehistoric" copper mining on the keweenaw peninsula with massive amounts of copper mined. I believe there are ancient shipwrecks deep in the sediment below lake superior. 

Tom King

I have a friend that sends me emails all the time about the latest discoveries of early human history on this continent.  Too much for me to remember all the details, but some fairly recent research says that a lot of the stuff that they thought was 15,000 years old is actually a lot older than they originally thought.

It said that some of it predates any land bridge from Alaska, and that the Earliest inhabitants must have come by boat.

Edvantage

I think the phoenicians sailed the great lakes. 

barbender

I used to have a bunch of fossilized seashells I picked off the top of a ridge in SE Montana.
Too many irons in the fire

Cedarman

I believe I read that the top of Mt Everest is sedimentary limestone which can only come from below sea level. It is still getting taller as the Indian plate keeps pushing up against the Asian plate. 
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

moodnacreek

That was interesting. I think Maine still had caribou in the '50's.

Don P

As tectonics goes, that Indian plate is flat out flying.

What I haven't heard talk of in all of this glacial melting is something they touched on very briefly in the article above. The plates are floating on magma. When you push on one place on a balloon it pops out in another place. The weight of thousands of feet of ice resting on a continent is a push down in that area. When that ice and weight is removed there is a rebound and somewhere something is gonna sink in response. It is in geologic time but this is more than just sea level rise, somewhere plates are going to go down.

I grew up with the bering straight colonization thoughts ~10,000 years ago. I've seen recently some are speculating man might have hit our shores more like 130,000 years ago, that would sure shake things up!

If that is the same gravel pit down by the river, I've kicked around in there too Chuck, now we're back hundreds of millions of years ago. Our plate was down around Mexico back then, prehistoric tropical plants have come out of that pit.

Energy? There is one heck of a nuclear reactor simmering worldwide about 40 miles under our feet.

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Don P on May 11, 2021, 08:14:37 AM

Energy? There is one heck of a nuclear reactor simmering worldwide about 40 miles under our feet.
On that  note I don't know why geothermal isn't used more. It's unlimited and waste that needs no solution to get rid of. 

Ron Wenrich

Anyone interested in the ancient times in North America should check out both Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock.  I read a book by Hancock America Before:  The key to America's Lost Civilizations.  It was a very long and detailed book.  It is a very entertaining read, but it took me all summer to read it.  

One thing I found interesting is how wrong the dating of civilizations in the Americas have been.  He starts out with a story about a work project in California where they found remnants of early man's encampment that dates back 125,000 yrs.  That stretched things out pretty far.  The explanation for having a discovery so old was that archeologists felt that man in the Americas weren't here before 40,000 years ago, so why look?

He also goes into the theory that the climate changed rather rapidly when a meteor hit the earth, right about Michigan, and formed the mitten.  He goes into a rather long explanation, and backs it up with on the ground data.  

Randall Carlson also uses this theory and may have introduced Hancock to it.  I heard Carlson and Hancock in a podcast with Joe Rogan.  Carlson has a website called Sacred Geometry, which has a lot of his presentations on climate change and cosmic catastrophes.  Many are long, and many I found interesting.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: moodnacreek on May 11, 2021, 08:02:48 AM
1920's, like here in New Brunswick, white tailed deer migrated here and wiped them out with disease. White tailed deer is an invasive species up here. Yet, wildlife management is spelled DEER here, it's the only mammal we have designated their own wintering areas to. The rest of the wildlife can only take what they adapt to. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Some of those guys are not 'part of the club', Hancock and Carlson in particular. They have been ridiculed for years. But, when it comes to stuff that has no written word of their existence, we often puzzle over it in how it came to be. Then lots of theories emerge, and depending on who is popular is gets into college textbooks. Whose to say who is right when the evidence is sketchy and after 3 hours of lecture the eyelids get heavy. :D :D Joe Rogan has many 'interesting' characters on his podcast, some cause the 'BS alert' to turn on. I do listen to his podcast, purely at an entertainment standpoint with skepticism guarding the gate. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ianab

Quote from: Cedarman on May 11, 2021, 07:36:23 AM
I believe I read that the top of Mt Everest is sedimentary limestone which can only come from below sea level. It is still getting taller as the Indian plate keeps pushing up against the Asian plate.
We don't normally notice plate tectonics in action, but the 2016 earthquake here basically raised the Nth East corner of the South Island by about 6 ft, in seconds. Do that every 100 years for a million years, and you have a serious mountain. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

moodnacreek

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 12, 2021, 03:43:37 AM
Quote from: moodnacreek on May 11, 2021, 08:02:48 AM
1920's, like here in New Brunswick, white tailed deer migrated here and wiped them out with disease. White tailed deer is an invasive species up here. Yet, wildlife management is spelled DEER here, it's the only mammal we have designated their own wintering areas to. The rest of the wildlife can only take what they adapt to. ::)
That's me trying to think and remember at the same time, thanks for the correction.

Trackerbuddy

Yes global warming and cooling has happened before, many times and to great extremes.  It's the speed at which it is changing this time around. 10,000 years here, 40,000 years there.  In this case it's 200 years

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Trackerbuddy on May 12, 2021, 08:24:48 AM
Yes global warming and cooling has happened before, many times and to great extremes.  It's the speed at which it is changing this time around. 10,000 years here, 40,000 years there.  In this case it's 200 years
They have evidence in ice cores that it has happened faster then it has now. Many warming and cooling cycles I think are sun based. a very slight variation in output can have a slight to extreme change here.

Thank You Sponsors!