iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland mills hm126 blades

Started by jpdawg, January 18, 2020, 10:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpdawg

Hey all. Has anybody ever used the Ripper37 7 degree blades on the woodland mills hm126.  I plan on getting some kasco 7s but seen these and the price is pretty good. But haven't read alot of them being used on a hm126. 
Also got some black walnut to saw up and was wondering if I should use a 4 degree blade?
Thanks 

goose63

I tryed the the rippers I would stick with Kasco blades thy work the best on my 126
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Tin Horse

Yes. I used both the 7's and 10's on my Woodland when I had it. They both worked well as they currently do on my Enercraft.
I don't think they make and supply 4 degree; at least not here in my area. I used the 7's on hardwood but goes slow.
Bell 1000 Wood Processor. Enercraft 30HTL, Case 580SL. Kioti 7320.

ladylake

I like Ripper 37 blades, have not liked Kasco  blades the 2 time I've tried them, didn't cut straight and that's all I care about. A little less or more speed doesn't matter.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

btulloh

Haven't used the Ripper's but curious though.  I've used the Kasco 7's on BW and they work fine.

Maybe your should just give them a try and then we'll have some good contemporary feedback on the HM126 with Rippers.  

I see nothing wrong with you being the guinea pig!   :D :D
HM126

jpdawg

Well btulloh I guess I'll be the pig, err I mean guinea pig. Lololol
I just ordered a pack of 10 (7 degree) for $172 shipped and will report back as to how they work.  I'm so excited to see how this black walnut mills up.
  I'll post some pics once I get home and get on the computer to show what I got.

btulloh

Excellent. Looking forward to the pics. 

To be a valid test though, you need to get some Kasco's too.  ;D
HM126

jpdawg

Here are my walnut logs

These are some of the first branches that came off the tree.

These 4 are the main trunk.  each one is a little over  8.5 foot long. the big end is 22" and go down to just under 20".   

<b
This is the main trunk.  it was just over 12 feet long but had to cut it at the first crotch section just to move it.  The base is just at 28" diameter and to the first crotch section it goes to 26"/  just a little trimming for needs done to fit it on the mill./r>
Not sure yet on how to mill the crotches yet. Since they are so much wider than my mill but i will figure it out and thats the fun part of it all to me anyway.  I might have to bust out the chainsaw mill. :D :D :D :D

jpdawg

btulloh i will have to get some to compare for sure.  When the logs were cut it was in the low 60's on Monday and ordered some anchor-seal to put on them but didn't get delivered on time and now its in the  low 30s and snow/rain mix. So hopefully I will be able to seal them on Tuesday when the storm suppose to pass.

ladylake

Black walnut cuts easy and straight, dried out white oak will give your blades a challenge.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

btulloh

Look like some nice sticks.  I think they'll be OK with no anchorseal, considering the weather.  No choice though, so they'll have to be ok for a couple days.
HM126

jpdawg

So I got my Ripper37 7 degree blades the other day and finally got a day above freezing to try them out.  They cut pretty well on the 3 4 foot logs I've used them on, 2 maples and a black walnut. 
They seem to not cut as fast.  I will say comparing them to the Lenox blade pack I got with my mill, they do seem to run very smooth.
I am having problems with some of the Lenox  blades out of the 10 pack causing vibrations.
 I will say that the Ripper37 blade that I used today was really smooth.  I might try some of there 10 degree blades and compare cut speed.  The cut did not seem any smoother to me.
 I'll keep you all updated if something changes.

btulloh

Sounds good. The 10's wouldn't be a good match for hard maple. Soft maple maybe. I am surprised to hear they're not as fast, but then I haven't used the rippers. May be the difference between the rippers and the kaskos. 

One of the problems I had with the Lennox was some of the welds were a little misaligned. That's not so much a lennox problem, but who welded them. Most likely these weren't welded by lennox.  I'm not sure where Woodland Mills sources their blades. 
HM126

Thank You Sponsors!