iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Button Buck

Started by Straightgrain, May 14, 2015, 08:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straightgrain

Almost a year old.

We had a Tom in the yard today also; courting Mildred, the resident hen.

"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

pabst79

Them Merriams sure have a pretty tailfan.
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

Straightgrain

Quote from: pabst79 on May 14, 2015, 09:18:26 PM
Them Merriams sure have a pretty tailfan.

Indeed; I've only recently learned to fully-appreciate that color scheme, perhaps because he has been so close to me for so long..Natural beauty for sure.He was drumming today.
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

drobertson

Nice, we had wild turkeys come courting, not that close though, and they always gave their best effort to steal away the bride.  On the flip side, had a big ole Bourbon Red, take to the wild side of life, must have had a mid life crisis thing ;D or like the wild thing?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WV Sawmiller

I saw one on way to my son's place last week had horns about 3" long. Don't know how big they will actually grow to. He looked like an awful small deer and I wasn't even thinking about them starting antlers yet.

Saw a big gobbler in my pasture Tuesday afternoon while riding 4 wheeler with 3 y/o granddaughter. He had a beard about 7-8" long I'd guess. I did not hear him Wednesday morning when I got up to hunt him. I think they are already finished gobbling for the most part and we still have over a week of season left. I hear they will open season a week earlier next year as plenty were gobbling before season.

We had a month of snow on ground and I am just glad to see any of them survived. Our does should be dropping fawns any day. I usually have them raise on my place. Watched a single and a pair of twins raise inside the fence last summer as well as 6 turkey poults. The twins came to visit me at my feeders/deer stands several times a week and I saw them last week so they survived the winter and hunting season.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!