iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chain saws stolen today

Started by mark686, October 02, 2014, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark686

I just want to put it out there that I had three chainsaws stolen today from my locked trailer :( the one is a ms 880 with three bars 30", 41" and the big boy a 59". the other two are a ms290 and a ms200T top handle saw. any help finding them would be gratley appreciated thanks for looking

coxy

sorry for the loss  got to love people that steal from a working man hope you get the scum that got them

Nemologger

Clean and Sober

Wade60

That sucks. You've had a worse day than me.

BargeMonkey

Sorry to hear this. Did you have the saws marked in any way ? We had a few 372's stolen about 10yrs ago, kinda knew where they went but even with the serial #'s the cops didnt do much. Now every saw we have is marked in about 5 places with the engraving gun. I would watch Ebay, and your local Craigslist, if they where dumb enough to steal it they will be trying to unload it quickly.

sawguy21

Yeah. A boat was stolen recently and showed up on cl with the perp's truck and license number in full view. Not the sharpest blade in the box. ::) It's tough, all we can do is slow them down and hope they go looking for an easier target but DanG it is frustrating. >:(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

colincb183

Sorry to hear about that.  It's a shame that people feel the need to be dishonest like that.  Even though I'm on the other side of the lake from you, I'll keep an eye out on craigslist for ya.

luvmexfood

Very important to contact the Police if you have the serial numbers and get them put into the database as stolen. When I worked in law enforcement I have had hits on stuff that was stolen 20 years prior.

Did one case about 5 years ago were a handgun was stolen from checked baggage somewhere between our airport and Puerto Rico. Only stop was in Atlanta. One year later the gun was recovered during a traffic stop in Tuscon, AZ. Guy they got it from had purchased it from a dealer at a gun show. Even had the receipt.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Peter Drouin

Sorry for your loss, I had 2 stolen from my barn never got them back
The new one I have I put bright orange paint all over it and I turn the on off switch around so off is on and on is off. If I see it on CL I will see the paint. If I don't they will never start the saw. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Sorry to hear the bad news. Don't even get me started on this subject.  ::)  >:(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lopet

I like the idea by turning the switch around and i see it can be done easy on a Husky but how you do that on a Stihl saw ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Peter Drouin

I have a Dolmar. I just pulled the switch and turn the wires around. :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

tj240

like they all said watch the sales sites anyone that will steal o working mans saws are to lazy to use them good luck
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

John Mc

If you want to search a bunch of different Craig's list regions at once, try www.searchtempest.com. It's a real time-saver if you are tyring to track down somethign that may not be right in your area.

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Corley5

Where are you in Lower Michigan  ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bricklayer51

There is a local buy sell trade radio program at 9 30 every morning . I will be tuning in. You never know where the bums are from.

75Camaro4x4

That sucks. I need to engrave mine still, along with all my other tools.
Devin Messer

Kodiakmac

The thing that drives me nuts is that in most cases these saws are sold to "respectable" people who decide to turn a blind eye to the circumstances of their purchase. I got more use for a common low-life thief than I do for the  weasel who buys a saw out of the trunk of a car.
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

furltech

Quote from: Kodiakmac on October 08, 2014, 05:02:29 PM
The thing that drives me nuts is that in most cases these saws are sold to "respectable" people who decide to turn a blind eye to the circumstances of their purchase. I got more use for a common low-life thief than I do for the  weasel who buys a saw out of the trunk of a car.
Exactly if there is no customer there is no point in stealing the saws .And we all know they did not steal them to cut wood with .

luvmexfood

Quote from: Kodiakmac on October 08, 2014, 05:02:29 PM

X 3. Your exactly right. When you hear the "psst", hey buddy, you want to buy a saw real cheap. Then you look at them and know they wouldn't even know how to put gas in it but purchase anyway. You are as quilty as they are.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Thank You Sponsors!