iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Used motor oil wood stain

Started by Joe Lallande, May 22, 2009, 06:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohsoloco

Yes, the smell fades quickly, only to return once in a while on a wicked hot day.

CLL

We did like some of the above, 5 gallon diesel fuel and 2 gallon drive way sealer. Make sure it don't have sand as filler, hard on paint sprayers. :o
Too much work-not enough pay.

woodmills1

it is getting hard to find either roof coating or driveway stuff that does not have something added to it.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Ironwood

Back home in eastern Ohio one fella got Pa. crude oil (high parafin) and sprayed it on his home, beautiful and actually smelled nice. Did it for 20+ years, nice patina, and did NOT have all the really bad stuff the used oil came with.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

yellowrosefarm

Yes, the used motor oil imparts good rot and insect resistance. I made some footer forms out of regular el cheapo plywood when I was building my small hay barn and I brushed them with used motor oil to keep the concrete from sticking. I left them sitting outside and after 3 years they still didn't have any rot. After that, I tried it on board fence and trailer decks and it does work. The color depends on what it came out of. You get a nice brown with newer car gas engine oil and a very nice black with old diesel engine oil. 

Thank You Sponsors!