iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer id help

Started by arkansas, January 06, 2014, 01:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucer

Right! I missed the bumpout. That definitely wasn't on the '96 WM I used. So that pins it down to a 1997 LT40 hydraulic, and most likely a standard.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

jcbrotz

96 & 97 were the transition years, with the supers 96 and back did not have a double pump setup. I was a single pump and had a bigger motor every were.
My bet is super being a 96-97 or someone retrofitted the old flipper clamp for some odd reason.
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

arkansas

I knew you guys could figure out what it was.  Pretty sure it did not get hot enough
to anneal any thing as has been said still to Mich paint.  Not quite sure about pumps
yet the hydro box looks empty except for ash and a burn oil filter.
Will get more pigs today. 6 degrees and wind yesterday did not do my phone well.
Working on a hot LT40HD for now

m wood

that looks to be a great project arkansas!  I'd take it on if it were staring at me and the deal was right. 
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

jcbrotz

Pics of the motor frame will help id 97 or newer they were made quite a bit heavier after the new body style :D
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

arkansas

More pics of my new project.

arkansas

You guys are spot on.  Looks like a 97 Lt40hdd30 if i understand messlisa right, thank you all again

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Looks like it got pretty HOT!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

arkansas

I really hope not, nothing low down seemed to even loss it's paint, so maybe deck and cylinders ok :-\
the rest is hard to tell atm, gear box for head seems fine, main drive wheel seems fine needs more atf :laugh:
drive train, and lift will need much attention  :-\

47sawdust

Wow! Now that is a project,but with patience,firm resolve,money and hard work you will get there.
Just think of all the gearheads out there who have restored vehicles destined for the crusher.
Best of luck,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

highleadtimber16

I sure hope you didn't pay much for that. It's gonna be a lot of work, time, and money!
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

pineywoods

Arkansas, where in ark ? Lots of woodmizer experience in south arkansas and north La.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

isawlogs

Should not be too bothered with what someone pays for anything as it really is his money he is playing with, and is only relative to what he thinks it is worth.
I look at it as a great project,  a frame up rebuild. I think it will again be a worthy sawmill when it is all done.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

arkansas

Quote from: pineywoods on January 08, 2014, 01:42:19 PM
Arkansas, where in ark ? Lots of woodmizer experience in south arkansas and north La.
North Central just east of Mountain View, several WoodMizers near by.

Didn't give "alot" IMO.  Got it for a song, just didn't get to sing it myself :-[.

sparks

Definitely a 1997 standard hydraulic. That was the only year we had the flip clamp and the larger control box. Super mills in 1996 did not have the larger control box and Super mills in 1997 did not have the flip clamp.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!