iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another project

Started by customsawyer, February 06, 2016, 08:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Well it is getting that time of year for another project. I am setting the date for April 16th. I have a good sized White Oak. We have several other logs also but am hoping to get them sawed before the project. This one is going to be lower keyed. Friday night will just be some finger foods, snacks and such. The day of the sawing, I was just looking at having some hamburgers and hot dogs. There will be a bonfire and BS session both nights weather permitting. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Motels are just up the road at intersection of 441 and Interstate 16.
Address is
1607 Capps Browning Rd.
Rentz, Ga. 31075
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Maybe someone will bring us a whomping big walnut log  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

We need a Smiley on his knees with hands folded in prayer.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Ocklawahaboy

I was putting it on the calendar and then I realized that I have an annual event here in town that day.  My only planned out day between April 1st and Memorial day is the 16th.  I've got a decision to make now.  Do the prep for the local event and haul tail to GA for the project while everyone here enjoys my work and I enjoy the sawing or stay here and miss the project again 

say_what

jmouton

hey danny how bout   sycamore log,,,,   maybe  we will change our mind and bring a walnut log ,,it may not be a whomping big log but ill see what we got in our stash ,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Nomad

I guess you know to figure I'll be there!  Good idea on toning things down a bit.  That was getting pretty complicated and expensive, I'd imagine.  What can I bring?
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

customsawyer

Jim I don't know why you are being so selfish. Couldn't you bring both. Just joking you don't have to bring any logs but you are most welcome to bring all you want.  :D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Andries

The stars are lining up - my ever-loving' and I will be rolling North from Florida.
Really looking forward to this.
We'll do our best to behave, and enjoy some Southern Hospitality, and maybe be lucky enough to meet DanG.
I may be a ghostly white Canuck, but I have a plan - to 'blend in' with my host:
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

grweldon

Putting it on the calendar...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Raider Bill

Not looking good for Wild Bill and I.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

customsawyer

Should have done it in the opening post. Lets keep a rolling head count. The wife and I make it 2.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Seaman

I am going to do my best to make this one !

That's 5
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

slider

al glenn

Magicman

It's on our calendar.  11
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Nancy and John, 13.  Hoping there is not a new litter of kittens that need a home.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

jmouton

me and  diane,,and coach        16 
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Deese

I will not miss this one. Nope. Not a chance.  17
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

DanG

Well, since Andries says he wants to meet me, I guess I'll drag my carcass up there again. 18
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Andries

Well that's mighty nice of you DanG.
Jake - Teea and I bring the headcount to 20.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

WDH

Andries,

That is a long haul for you and Teea for sure down to the sunny South. 

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Andries,

That is a less long haul for you and Teea for sure up to the less sunny South.   ;D

All things are relative  ;).

Thank You Sponsors!