iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Storm door rant....

Started by kwendt, January 04, 2015, 06:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwendt

Quote from: Warped on January 08, 2015, 02:13:24 AM
But the Larsen is reversible! Just pay attention to the Z channel, or something like that. And make sure the storm handle won't hit your door knob. I'm on my third stinking one, can almost install it in under 36 hours! And don't get me started on those dang shock dampener adjustments!!!!

Oh my gosh, Warped, so hilarious. Actually, I like the fit, feel, and finish of the doors I priced at $300 each. There are cheaper of course. (I hate cheap metal things! ) One of the features I liked was having two shock dampener closers, both fairly substantial ... One top and one bottom. Less wrack on the door. But even better, that set up should work for any heavy door... Wood as well.
87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

thecfarm

I've got 2 of them doors,Forever Doors,they are called,made by Anderson. Very nice doors. I have the screens,but have never put them in. We have plenty of windows,so that lets the air in. Summer time they are open all the time. With the glass,no water can come in when we have a shower. My woodworking skills stop when the tree hits the ground,so not much building for me. The dog likes to lay by them in the winter. I would get the one that has a striker,like a regular door too. Yes,they are pricey,but we like them. The doorknob broke on one about 2-3 years ago,called up and they sent another one, I forget the price now. We use one alot for the dog.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warped

If I don't get the full glass out and screen in, my metal front door gets hot enough that you can't place your hand on it. The plastic trim around the small upper light windows twisted and the glue ran half way down the door, what a mess. Should have never painted it red :-\
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

Thank You Sponsors!