iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Western style shop front

Started by redbeard, April 03, 2011, 07:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

Almost finished the project today just some lower bats and trim pieces left , Barn doors installed had to use boom truck they were heavy 400 lbs. Some of you guys may have sawed the board walk in the front it was oak dunage from a water pipe job that was shipped from somewhere back east. saw bandsaw texture on the 4x4s.

Customer is going to cut some old 14" saw blades in half and put them on each side of hinge so when door is closed you will see the blade, I liked his idea!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Brad_bb

Were those barn doors made by you or purchased?  Do they seal to keep the critters out?  Will this be heated at all?

I like the Winders (windows) and all the other decor.  The barn doors area great too.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

redbeard

This project was all milled by me and is Doug fir on all of exterior some of the wall and truss framing is white fir. I skinned the doors with premium 1x10 Doug fir. They are a simple design 2x6 laid flat with pleanty of bracing and skinned with the Doug fir and trimmed out with 1x4. I'am a fan of old western style building and have always wanted to do this so it was alot of fun also for me. I'am wanting to do something like this at my place now.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Magicman

That was a terrific build and had to be very satisfying to you.  Congrats to you and the customer for a job well done.

The pride shows.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redbeard

This 6x8 shed is heading to the mountians to become a home for chickens. I made it for garden tool shed but it will do fine as a chicken coop. Handle was carved by a friend just playing around it took me awhile to get used to but the customer loved it.

Magicman

Those are going to be some "high class" chickens or at least they will be low class chickens living in a "high class" coop.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dennis b

great job!!! i am building a arch steel building shop. love the way you built the western style front. any more pictures?

Thank You Sponsors!