iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 55 rancher

Started by bandmiller2, January 29, 2013, 06:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

A friend gave me a clean 55 no spark,disconnected the kill switch,still no spark.That model has a long history how do you tell when it was made to order the correct module.This is on the plate 967  05  29-00 and below that     02  2001295 anyone know how to break the code and the cheapest place to buy a ingnition module. Thanks Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

celliott

Are you sure it's the coil that's bad? It could be a much simpler fix. Check all the wires for frays or cracks, check the grounds, spark plug wire\boot.
I had a husky that wouldn't shut off, checked the switch multiple times, checked the ground, and missed a fray right near the connector. Almost got upset with that saw  ;)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

bandmiller2

Celliott,went over the saw checked for wire problems even removed the module and regapped it.As luck would have it I have a johnsy parts saw that has the same module I'll try that tomorrow. Frank C.

bandmiller2

Drat and double drat the module in the parts saw was bad,I ordered one from Scott at chainsawr, an aftermarket replacement.At least I know why they quit using the parts saw,may be worth rebuilding. Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!