iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Largest free-flying American flag in North America.

Started by Raider Bill, June 11, 2018, 05:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

The inspiration, background, and dedication of the World's Tallest Symbol of Freedom at Acuity in Sheboygan, WI.

The Acuity Flagpole | Acuity
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

fishpharmer

Words cannot describe how much I like this!  Thanks for sharing Bill.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Roxie

Say when

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

gspren

Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

thats AWSOME  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) thanks for sharing that 

Chuck White

That's a really wonderful tribute to behold!

Even brings a tear to this ole Dad's eye! 

I love it!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ed_K

Ed K

samandothers

Thanks for sharing this find.  Great thing they did.

I bet the last person holding that flag when raised was hoping a big puff of wind did not catch the flag.

trapper

Have driven by it a few times.  It is impressive. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Stoneyacrefarm

Thanks Bill for posting this. 
I've watched it twice and got goose bumps both times. 
8)
Work hard. Be rewarded.

thecfarm

That is mighty nice. I would of been proud to be the last one to touch that flag on it's way up to the top of the pole.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

scsmith42

Bill, that is way cool!  Thanks for posting.

I checked; unfortunately their coverage is not available in NC (but it is in most states).
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

maple flats

Watching the video brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for bringing this to the FF.
Dave
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

goose63

My eyes just sprung a leak thank you Bill for posting that 
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Klunker

I fish the Sheboygan river, little more than a mile from the flag. At first I was puzzled at what the sound of the flag waving in the breeze was. Finally figured it out, You can see it from miles away and hear it from over a mile away too.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodmaker

Thanks Bill, that brought tears to my eyes. It truly makes you proud to be an American. 
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

Thank You Sponsors!