iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Aftermarket big bore cylinder piston 066

Started by Old TimberCutter, January 19, 2008, 09:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old TimberCutter

I have an 066 project saw . Was wondering if anyone has used an aftermarket big bore or stock piston and cylinder?  Where is the best place to get one, and how do they hold up? Thanks

Danny Dimm

I put one in my 046. Runs good and has lots of power. I haven't used the saw a whole lot. I'm sure they're not the same quality as factory parts but if your not making your living with the saw, why not.

Cut4fun

Where you ask, your chainsaw site sponsor has them right here for $109, Baileys.

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=BBN+066&catID=385

I know when my RL 066 top end needs replaced the BB kit is going on and know people that have run the BB372,BB460,BB660.
The only issues I have read and heard of was when the BB660 kits first came out they had fitments issues.
But That has been taken care of from what Grand Dog has said lately, so ask them  about it.

Old TimberCutter

Thanks  for your replys,  Baileys sounds like the place to get one. I'll find out how they hold up,  as I will be running the saw daily cutting timber.

joe_indi

How long do the pistons and cylinders of these BB kits last compared to the OEM ones?
Do they affect the life of the crankshaft in any way?

Joe

Thank You Sponsors!