iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I have 10 above. The snow was melting. It will again. It's good it's going slow. Helps out on the flooding part. Gives the rivers a chance to empty themselves.
Did I mention the wind?
Den that is coming this way,but more of it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bandmill Bandit

Its warmed up to -24*C this morning
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

SwampDonkey

We've had -2 F here the last two mornings, sunny days with that piercing wind though.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

Well, I didn't believe that we were going to get any snow, and I was wrong. Woke up to a white yard this morning of wet "Carolina concrete " snow. But it's barely at freezing and it's been so warm that the roads are clear. Need to watch it while I can cause it will be gone probably not long after lunch today ........

thecfarm

I have 14°,and a slight wind. Sun is out strong.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ox

Another noreaster on the way.  Typical March storm at the end of winter reminding us of who the boss really is.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

thecfarm

I have 12° this morning. Looking forward to seeing some melting again.Yes,something for snow is a coming. I can hear the moaning and groaning all ready. I work in a hardware store and will hear the complaining all day. It's Maine,The Way Life Should Be.  ;D

coxy

it figures the snowflakes will get us one way or the other  :D :) 8)

SwampDonkey

Sunny again today here, cold and windy. 8F above before light. Suppose to get 12-16 inches of snow up this way. Got the snow blower all ready. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

Our snow from yesterday ended by 9ish and was gone by noon except for the mountain tops. Had a pretty hard frost this morning with temps around 30. It's going to be a rough week for the peach farmers I'm afraid. Most of the orchards are blooming right now.. supposed to get in the low 20s mid week.

Roxie

We've just been issued a Blizzard warning,  I guess the groundhog was right. 
Say when

Kbeitz

24f  and 13-1/2" of new snow and it's still coming down here in Pa.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

SwampDonkey

No snow yet, but it's on it's way I'm sure.  ;D

Chuck White

Been getting really fine snow since early this morning, so far, just around 1¼".

Projected to get between 8 & 18", we'll see!   :snowball:
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Kbeitz

Now up to 16 inches and it's still snowing. Temps still 24F
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

breederman

Thais what i have now too barometer still dropping , has been snowing hard since about 4 am .
Together we got this !

Den Socling

This was Patti's Honda and my truck this morning.

It's supposed to snow all day then we can expect wind gust up to 40 mph. The few people who put up snow fence every year are finally going to be rewarded for their efforts.

coxy

have over 2ft and still coming down hard  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Hilltop366

Just starting to snow here, suppose to turn to rain and melt it all away.

petefrom bearswamp

Light dusting of 12" or so and still coming here.
We are supposed to be on the western edge of this system.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

SwampDonkey

Been fine steady snow here now for an hour.  ;D

thecfarm

Snowing since about 10am. Maybe 4 inches,so far.  The wind is strong.

Ox

This is a bad storm.  It's reminding me alot of the blizzard of 93.  Looks the same on the radar from what I remember.  We'll have over 3 feet again this time, easy.  Not good.  Wife barely made it home over the mountain this morning after they closed the plant down and couldn't get in our driveway.  I had to literally plow the road to give her someplace to back out into so I could get a track in the driveway.  Lots of drifting.  Plows been through twice but you can't tell any more.  We're officially snowed in with a travel ban to boot.  Hope all you noreastern folks are making out ok. 
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Peter Drouin

10" of snow with a lot of wind,, But not that cold, just enough for snow. :snowball:
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ox

It's 15 here now.  This is a bonafide blizzard.  They're sending a bunch of equipment and workers up here from downstate as well as rolling out the National Guard.  What will the guardsmen do?  Shovel?  It's not like we have rioting and thieving around here.  I don't understand - maybe somebody can enlighten me?  :)

Thank You Sponsors!