iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What a way to quit!

Started by Fraxinus, March 25, 2005, 07:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraxinus

We have contractors working for us on an island in Lake Winnipesaukee (big lake in the middle of NH) clearing the power line.  During the day, we shut the power off for them as there is noone on the island in the winter time and it gives them a chance to work more safely.
A few days ago, one of the men who is about my age (no spring chicken!) had a tree do something that he hadn't planned on and it broke a pole.  Turns out the pole was rotten but.....  Anyway, I guess he knew he'd get flak from his bosses and from us and from his fellow workers from now until Wrigley Field has a dome put on it.
So, when he got home, he called and left the following message on the contractor's answering machine:
"Thanks for the job.  Sorry about the pole.  See you later.
ROFLMAO!!!
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

DanG

I'm sure he wasn't worried about takin' any flak from you.  You're much too kind and benevolent to rag somebody about a little thing like that. ;D :D :D  In fact, I think somebody once told you, over at that other place, that if they wanted anything out of you, they'd screw off your head and dip it out with a spoon! :D :D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Fraxinus

Quote from: DanG on March 25, 2005, 08:14:54 PM
I'm sure he wasn't worried about takin' any flak from you.  You're much too kind and benevolent to rag somebody about a little thing like that. ;D :D :D  In fact, I think somebody once told you, over at that other place, that if they wanted anything out of you, they'd screw off your head and dip it out with a spoon! :D :D :D :D :D
I do tend to have that effect on people at times. ::) ::)  Most generally, they get over it. 
Like the old farmer said to the preacher when the preacher asked him why he never saw him in church:
"Well, you're in there a-prayin and I'm out here a-swearin, and there don't neither one of us mean it!"
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

DanG

:D :D :D

There's a whole lot of that going on! ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

tnlogger

now frax that remids me of my son-in-law and i use this term very losely.
he bought 14acres of land and put a trailer on it well he came to me and wanted paul and I too cut the poplar and white oak on it. only ne wanted free help and equipment. nope i told him half or get someone else. he says bring er on. well there was a 50000 volt main line going smack dab thue the midle of his track.
well he wanted to cut while we moved every thing. we got there and he was sitting on the porch looking like he lost his best friend. he managed to drop a big poplar agaist the fall and up hill to boot.
On one of the lines. he was lucky to a dead line. the power co. told him if the line was broke it would cost him at least 10,000.00. paul went down looked at it took the saw and toped it line jump right back in place.
now that was 6yrs ago and to this day that boy will never cut a tree for me  :D
gene

SwampDonkey

Oooh you polesses :D :D :D :D :D

I don't know if that's a word, but father always said that about his two sons when he was about to make a chuckle, usually preceded by the word rotten. :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!