iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buzz goes traveling,.....shows pictures tells stories (Paul Bunyan 2005)

Started by Buzz-sawyer, October 10, 2005, 06:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

this last week I took off and spent some time on the road.........
Kirk Allen and his lovely wife were kind enough to offer hospitality on the way.
I saw many interesting things, and met some wonderful friends.

this primate seems to show up at every turn as I travel????????

these two guys (MNTN JACK AND KIRK ALLEN)..mis read this sign about NOT eating the wooden cookies!

Heres the coal power for the circular mill that was running

heres the little wheel

Mntn jack demonstrating the sheer size of the building log being carefully reconstructed ......

The gang getting an EARLY breakfast before the do-in's.......I took a pic of the "Food" they eat in Georgia...they mix thier grits and eggs together ::) ;)

Here is Captain recieving his dealers special one of a kind LOGRIGHT tool...I was told to make sure Frank Pender saw this?????

the group of arborist-student showing off

there was a great exhibit of STUFF people have sawn into in thier logs.here is a deer slug........with the plastic wadding right behind it...this WAS a close range shot!

The college has an AMAZING collection of restored pioneer cabins , which they have made into a community..............

I and my companions had an amazing and powerful reaction , when we entwered this cabin, you see, the ladies had a fire in the hearth, turkey, fresh rolls, and ALL the fixins cooking...........it was an original cabin fully furnished......it was EXACtlY like walking into Granny's cabin 150 years ago after hunting all day........really cool and powerful !!

After the big day we checked on the birds we had inserted one can of beer into about 5 hours earlier...need I say more?.

Tamiam....diving in for some bird..after we prompted her.....boy if I could of caught her expression right after I snapped this Photo... smiley_annoyed01

An AMAZING good time .....glad to see everone!

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

sprucebunny

Great pictures, Buzz ;D Thanks.

Great cabins and those chickens sure look good ;D

I really like that cookstove. Gonna have one of them in my next house  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Captain

Hey Buzz, thanks for showing me the rest of Bunyan I did not get to see!!

Like that Axe..... :)

Captain

Ga_Boy

Buzz,

Great job on the pics.  There was a lot of things to see and do at Paul Bunyan.

All I got to see was the lath mizer guys making poles.

Those guys climbing that tree are now proud owners of two LogRite Hookaroons and a 60"Peavy.

Smart guys, they know quality when they see it.

Now, about mixing grits and eggs together  8) 8) 8) 8) 8), is there another way to eat them?

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

wiam

Quote from: Ga_Boy on October 10, 2005, 08:48:46 PM

Now, a out mixing grits and eggs together 8) 8) 8) 8) 8), is there another way to eat them?

Yes.  Through a cow.

Will

Furby

Thanks Buzz, love the pics, but now I'm REALLY ticked I didn't go!!! ::)

Frank_Pender

Your're ticked, Furby.  How about me and my axe, making all them rounds and chopping on logs.   If I had realized what might have happened, I would have considered showing up to protect my interests.

Thanks, Bus, for the great pictures. 8) 8)

Frank Pender

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Mtnjack

Frank we needed some thing to chop the chickens with Kirk loaned it to me!

Ga_Boy

Quote from: wiam on October 10, 2005, 09:09:02 PM
Quote from: Ga_Boy on October 10, 2005, 08:48:46 PM

Now, a out mixing grits and eggs together 8) 8) 8) 8) 8), is there another way to eat them?

Yes.  Through a cow.

Will

Will,

Down in Georgia after you run corn through a cow; I would not eat what comes out.   :-X   We use that stuff for compost for the garden. 

You Yankees sure do eat the strangest things. :D :D

Kirk_Allen

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

wiam

No Jeff,  I think I dove into that.  But that might taste better than grits. :D

Will

Buzz-sawyer

I  had a really good time ,,

but think Kevin should add a little cap on a log right cant hook so he can keep a little barley pop in the handle....he threatened to squeeze out the sudz I had spilled on my coat for a libation.........now that is parched :D :D :D 8) 8)

now as far as the eggs and gritz mixed............well.............. ::) smiley_speechless smiley_speechless
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Fla._Deadheader

2nd morning in CR, had a big old batch of Grits.  smiley_thumbsup_grin smiley_thumbsup_grin

We are converting CR, one person at a time.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Teri

it does in this house! Everytime dad starts talking to me in spanish I get the "stick" out and start threatening him!  ;D

Ga_Boy

Quote from: Buzz-sawyer on October 12, 2005, 06:43:00 PM
I  had a really good time ,,

but think Kevin should add a little cap on a log right cant hook so he can keep a little barley pop in the handle....he threatened to squeeze out the sudz I had spilled on my coat for a libation.........now that is parched :D :D :D 8) 8)

now as far as the eggs and gritz mixed............well.............. ::) smiley_speechless smiley_speechless

Buzz,

Mixing grits and eggs and  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) mmmmmm, good.   All I needed to make it complete was a tall glass of cold sweet tea, well they didn't have sweet tea, and they didn't have Coke :(, they had Pepsi  :-[.   So I went for the third best, a cup of hot tea.  Captian was nice enough to let me have his half and half so I could add a spot of cream.  8) 8)

Them was some good vittles, your gravey and biscuts sure did look good as well.   I ment to ask was the gravy sausage gravey?

Buzz-sawyer

well it was COLD...... so i couldnt appreciate them properly.but it was , I believe sausage :D :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Bibbyman

We didn't make PB this year but were there last year and a couple of years earlier.  I really enjoy walking through the pioneer village there on the Hocking Collage campus.

I have a lot of first hand experience with this life style, having being born in 1850.  ;)

Born on the 4'th of July

Sure hope we can make it next year...

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!