iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Moultrie Dates Set (Sunbelt Ag. Exhibition 2007)

Started by Radar67, February 12, 2007, 11:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imasap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: Re: Moultrie
Post by: DanG on September 28, 2007, 09:15:58 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, you gotta stay there. :-\  At least we might get to see a pic of you in a tux. ;D :D

Here's what ya do, come January;  Every time you see a calendar, even in somebody else's house, mark out the middle of October so they don't schedule anything big for next year.  Just tell'em way ahead of time that you won't be around that week. ;D

Post by: DanG on October 10, 2007, 11:08:22 AM

OK guys, this thing is getting real close! ;D  If you're gonna be there, PM me your cellphone number, and I'll respond with mine.  That's a mighty big place to try and find an individual!

Post by: beenthere on October 10, 2007, 12:31:36 PM

DanG
Are you hauling logs to Moultrie again this year? If I remember right, you were taking several loads prior years.
Hope to get there some year....not this'n.  ;)

Post by: DanG on October 10, 2007, 12:45:12 PM

No, BT, I'm not gonna haul logs up there this year.  My ol' truck is showing its age, and gas prices aren't helping matters either.  It is a 170 mile round-trip, so I think I'll leave it to the local boys.

Post by: Stew (Radar67) on October 10, 2007, 03:30:36 PM

So far the weather forecast looks good for the show. Mid 80s during the day, mid 60s at night and plenty of sunshine. Let's hope it holds.  ;)

Post by: Don K on October 11, 2007, 11:28:51 AM

Is anybody coming in Mon. afternoon. Stew and me oughta be there early Mon. afternoon to get our campsite squared away.

Post by: WDH on October 11, 2007, 11:56:09 AM

Where are y'all camping?

I only exist to do the bidding of my superiors.

Archive retrieving test bunny

Post by: Stew (Radar67) on October 11, 2007, 12:00:50 PM

I don't know the name of the place, but it is a State Park close to the grounds. Don set it all up.

Post by: DanG on October 11, 2007, 10:53:51 PM

Quote from: Stew (Radar67) on October 11, 2007, 12:00:50 PM
I don't know the name of the place, but it is a State Park close to the grounds. Don set it all up.

Huh?  Why ain't y'all campin' on the grounds? ???

Post by: Stew (Radar67) on October 11, 2007, 10:55:57 PM

I've never been before and Don went last year. He stayed there and set up the reservations this year. Woodbowl mentioned something about a spot on the grounds.

Post by: DanG on October 11, 2007, 11:02:57 PM

The State park may be a bit quieter, but WE'll be the ones making the noise, anyway. ;D :D  It would be neat if we were all together to blister a steak or burn a burger.

Post by: Don K on October 11, 2007, 11:03:54 PM

Danny,  We are staying at Reed Bingham State Park.

DanG, First year I went was by the seat of my pants with prospects of sleeping in my truck. DonE911 was kind enough to let me sleep in the back of his wifes new CLEAN horse trailer where at least I could stretch out. I am a person that doesn't care for suprises and I like to know where I'm staying when I head out. We can visit as long as  we all want to gab and cogitate because we will have a electronic code to get into the park after 10 pm.It is not that far from Spence field.

Post by: Stew (Radar67) on October 11, 2007, 11:04:40 PM

Don and I have discussed staying over and visiting with y'all.

Post by: woodbowl on October 11, 2007, 11:06:21 PM

There's a good spot to camp in all right. It's just a hop skip and a jump from the showers too. I don't know it it's a bonified tent certified camping spot or not but there's several folks that pitch a tent there. I've seen the same folks every year. That's where I'll be again this year. Yall come!

Had yer shots?

Imasap

Post by: WDH on October 11, 2007, 11:08:00 PM

I plan to sleep in my vehicle Tuesday night, just need somewhere to park it.  I PM'd woodbowl about the prospects of playing music, but have not heard from him yet.  A get together for supper and music would be nice if it works out. 

Woodbowl, will you be there Tuesday night?

Post by: DanG on October 11, 2007, 11:14:55 PM

That's what I'm planning too, WDH.  I'm gonna put my blow-up mattress in the back of the purple Caravan.  A friend suggested I get some of them rubber daisies like ya put in the bathtub, to stick all over it.  Ain't real sure I'm going for that idea, though. roll_eyes :D :D

Just come on in and give us a call when ya get there.  There's plenty of time to pick a camp spot after the show closes. ;D

Post by: WDH on October 11, 2007, 11:18:06 PM

A plan has been hatched :D.

Post by: woodbowl on October 11, 2007, 11:30:44 PM

There's plenty of places to park a vehicle or camper. One night we parked our rigs on the tarmac last year and just slept in our own two vehicles. I got up the next morning, fired up the coleman stove and made  coffee. DanG got his snorin' carcas up, we had a cup of mud and headed for the gate.

The reason I like the other area is because there are several families that travel together and they build a big fire then pull out guitars and fiddles to play music. Don't foget your twang box WDH.  ;)

Post by: Stew (Radar67) on October 11, 2007, 11:36:28 PM

Now y'all got me wishing I had picked up that acoustic bass I looked at last year. Oh well, it's been a while so y'all will be spared the pain.  :D :D

Post by: DanG on October 12, 2007, 12:42:30 AM

Not to worry, Stew.  Woodbowl usually carries one of anything that has strings on it.  A while back, he was sawing near here, so I dropped by to watch a little bit.  He shut down the Woodmizer, pulled out his fiddle and kept right on sawing, while me and the customer danced a little jig in the sawdust.  The boy know's how to have fun! 8) 8)

Post by: Don K on October 12, 2007, 12:46:15 AM

Hey DanG,  We might need to sniff out one of them whatchamacallit thingamajiggys that mends stuff with wire. I think I might like to have one. I think ya'll posted a website last year.

Post by: Stew (Radar67) on October 12, 2007, 12:49:05 AM

I'm glad you brought that up Don, I saw that post and thought that was the neatest gadget.

Post by: DanG on October 12, 2007, 09:24:14 AM

Yup!  If they're there, we'll find'em. :)

Post by: Corley5 on October 12, 2007, 09:53:44 PM

See you guys Tuesday  :) :)  We're heading out for Fl in the morning.  We'll get Grandma settled in at her place and then backtrack a bit to Ga.

Post by: Don K on October 12, 2007, 11:33:16 PM

Be looking for you.

Post by: GW on October 14, 2007, 05:06:47 PM

Hey all, I've been busy with pond clearing lately and I haven't been following this thread. I'll be in Moultrie Tuesday, but I can't make it for the rest of the expo. If you see a skinny dood with a funny little beard and TFF cap on it might be me. :)

I may be in the company of a tall old dood with a large beard. :D

Post by: GW on October 15, 2007, 07:35:34 PM

...and by old I mean wise. Very wise.  ;)

Post by: Corley5 on October 15, 2007, 09:53:42 PM

We should be there around 9AM tomorrow morning.  Looks to be about two hundred miles from our Fl camp  :) :)

Had yer shots?

Imasap

Post by: DanG on October 15, 2007, 10:28:26 PM

I should be there by noonish.  It's 80 miles from here. ;D

Post by: Furby on October 15, 2007, 10:39:34 PM

And you're leaving home around 11:45 am right! ;) ;D

Post by: DanG on October 15, 2007, 11:01:41 PM

Nawww Man!  I'll leave here about 9ish.  You fergit, I'm old and retired.  I drive 35mph and will need at least 3 bathroom breaks.

Post by: Furby on October 15, 2007, 11:06:28 PM

Quote from: DanG on October 15, 2007, 11:01:41 PM
I drive 35mph..................

That's not what I recall being told! :)

Post by: Corley5 on October 17, 2007, 05:55:34 PM

Must be in catfish country  ;D ;D :) :)

Somebody at the Georgia Peanut Commission has been reading the FF  8) 8)

Woodbowl, WDH, and Dwight playing some tunes  8) 8) 8) 8)  A shower chased us to a BBQ in joint

From the left Stew(Radar67), Tom, Don K, WDH, Woodbowl, Me, DanG, My Dad and Mom, Dwight and his wife Gael. 

We had a super time.  The Sunbelt Expo is impressive to say the very least  8) 8) 8)  We saw most of it but skimmed over quite a bit too  ;)  The grounds are huge and filled with exhibits relating to all aspects of agriculture.  Two days are really needed to see it all.  We came back to our place last night rather than try to find a place to stay up there.  Next time we'll make some reservations and go back another like we kinda planned to do this year. 
The highlight was of course meeting up with old pals from the FF and putting faces and voices with names.  Glad to meet you guys in person Radar, Dwight and Gael  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  Mom was glad there was somebody of her gender to hang out with as was Gael  :) :)  It was nice day to.  Overcast with a breeze.  With sun it woulda been HOT.  It was 89 here a bit ago.  I'm ready to go back to Michigan for some fall weather  ;) ;D :)

Post by: WDH on October 17, 2007, 08:03:26 PM

I enjoyed the show in Moultrie.  I met several Forum members for the first time:

DonK, DNalley, Adaminmo, Tom-in-Mo, and Woodbowl.  Here are some pics:

The Baker Boys, Tom and Adam.

Here is Dave Mann of Woodmizer talking to a customer.

Dave and I were looking at some logs to be sawn at the demo.  I noticed a nail in one of the logs!  Saved Woodmizer a blade ;D.

Here are my companions for the day, DonK and Stew.

A tailgate lunch....

Corley5 and his really nice parents.

Some weighty Forum matters were also discussed into the wee hours of the morning :)  Left to right...DanG, Tom, Woodbowl, DonK, and Stew.

Had yer shots?

Radar67

In case you missed the links to the Forum Trio on Youtube, check this post.

Trio Post

I had a real good time at the Ag Show. I met quite a few members for the first time, Tom, DanG, Adam, Tom Stout, Corley5, Brdmkr, and DNalley.

I took many pictures of the trip, far to many to post them all. Here are a few.

The Baker Boys just about had Don talked into taking that molder home and dealing with the devil (his wife) later.  :D

Here is DanG back at his place after the show. He left his windows down in the rain again. Woodbowl needs to tell the story of the first incident.  ;)

Here is the Forum Trio in full swing. This was just before the bottom fell out.

Here is the link to my GALLERY for more pictures of the Ag show and Don K and my visit with DanG and Woodbowl afterwards.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Don K

Yep, that is a mighty impressive 4-head planer and I have a few samples to play with as well. ;) The Baker Boys have some well built, user friendly tools and I would definitely like to say that I would like to see one come home with me some day.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

ADAMINMO

I would be more than happy to help you be able to take one of the moulders home. :D I bet your wife was happy to see those boards. I can't wait to see the finished product when you git er done.

Don K

She was quite happy to see the moulding, but I had to draw the line at painting it black once finished. :o
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

ADAMINMO

I got some pine I ran that I'll trade if she wants to do that!!! That wood is too beautiful to paint any color.Light coat of stain and some clear coat and hopefully she changes her mind.Hope that line you drew was solid and not dotted!! :D

Don K

Radar67

While at the show, Don K and I visited the Lenox booth. While talking with one of the salesmen, we asked if they had any large bandsaw blades at the show. None were on site, but the salesman told us of a promotion they were running until the end of the year. They were giving away 5 blades. He took our information and sizes and promised to ship the blades out post haste.

I received my box yesterday. 5 brand spanking new Woodmaster C blades to fit my mill. I'm going to have some fun trying these blades out in the near future.

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Tom

I got the same spiel at Sawlex but never got any blades.   I figured they were after names and email addresses and never followed up when nothing showed up at the door.

Radar67

To be honest, I never really expected the blades to show...but they did, so I guess I was wrong.  ;)

Don K

I got me 5 brand new blades yesterday too. I had forgot all about them. I'm going to sink them in some dry pine and see how they do.

Don

ADAMINMO

Did ya get to use that trim for that mirror yet.Lookin forward to some pics.

Don K

Adam it is in the shop ready to go. I have the measurements, just had to some Christmas wood projects out. I hope to start after first of the year. I need to be careful as I only have enough for one miscut. ;D ;D    Pics will be posted.

Don

ADAMINMO

Don't make any miscuts as I do not have any more peices like that.I think you will do well with it.

Thank You Sponsors!