iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fillin' Da Woodshed

Started by chet, September 24, 2005, 09:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Anman, why not eh ??? The oil companies are taking their share. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

So...........how ya coming Chet ???

Nick B SW Ont Canada

Quote from: asy on September 26, 2005, 05:56:34 PM
Still it's much better these days, since moving to Brisbane,

Is that cuz youv got a better climate or a better main sqeeeeze  smiley_blue_bounce

Nick

chet

Quote from: Furby on October 09, 2005, 01:46:49 PM
So...........how ya coming Chet ???

I was doing pretty good, was about half way done. But the last couple of weeks we have been deluged with rain. Da woods is mighty wet right now. So I have been busy with other stuff till it drys up some.   :-\
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Corley5

Just about done fillin' my woodshed.  One more load will do it but I'll cut more as needed til the snow comes

After 1 load

The "new" firewood trailer.  We picked it up for $35.00 at an auction last spring.  I traded the local tire guy  pumpkins for a used tire, tube and changing it.  Worked good for me.  The apron chain and mechanism are all functional and it works pretty slick to unload off the back, kick the PTO on and engae the chain to move the load back. 8)

The spreader upon arrival at Whittaker Farms

Backed in to unload

Halfway full

After nine spreader loads.  There will be five full rows with about 3 1/2 + face cord when I'm done.  The fifth one is half done 8)

The wood hog ;D 8) 8)  It likes wood but the house is always warm.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

;) Well, you have enough for the first month. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

redpowerd

hey i got the same battery charger!

how long does it take that apron chain to unload? can you hit the pto, run back and stack the wood before it hits the ground? :D  we use a dump wagon to unload, but im lookin for an old spreader to push wood into the house.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Corley5

The ratchet pawls are worn on this mechanism so it only pushes back at fast and faster ;D.  I was hoping to be able to leave the apron on at a slow speed and unload as the wood came back but it works good this way too.  We just unload what we can reach easily and then run it back and unload some more.  It doesn't take long to have the wood at the back again.  I suppose I could get a new pawl for it but that would probably cost more than I paid for the whole machine ::) :)  I like that battery charger 8)  I paid $50.00 for it new when the Quality Farm and Fleets went under a few years ago.  Really like the 200 amp boost 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

ANMAN

Here's the pile from 2 years ago, couldn't find my 2005 pile pic.  Just imagine this 75 cord pile plus 15 more cords snugly filling a 45x35' shed with a 12' face.  We sold about 120 cords this year, for $230 a cord.

Note from admin: Photos must reside within your forestry forum gallery. please use the help link in the menu bar for instructions on how to post a photo, then you can replace this note with your gallery photo using your modify link.

Thank You Sponsors!