iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ice Fishing 2019

Started by Allagash372XP, October 20, 2019, 06:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

There's a lot less food available to the fish in Winter!

Think of all the mosquitos, fly's and other bugs that fall in the water through the course of a summer!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DPatton

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on January 10, 2020, 09:37:02 PM

Here's what I want to know.  If we spend a whole week trying to catch fish going all over in a boat  and cant catch anything, how does it work to wait till the lake freezes over then fish in the same place through a little hole in the ice?  Someone enlighten me pls. thanks :laugh: :laugh:
Ice or no ice there are times that one can't even catch fish using dynamite. Ice fishing is not everyone cup of tea especially if you don't enjoy being outdoors in the snow and cold. Some have a great fear of the ice too. I'll be the first to admit I have had a panic attack or two when first getting out on the ice before drilling a few holes to check thickness. But when the bite is on, ice fishing can be highly productive. The water is often crystal clear, the fish can be very hungry as they simply don't have all the food options they have during warmer weather, and undeniably fish usually just taste better caught thru the ice as well.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!