iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

side loader log trucks

Started by Tombstone, July 25, 2009, 10:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancek

Yea thats the ticket works like a charm! And a whole lot less dangerus than fliping logs. But the best thing about it is that you can even load a small conventual truck this way with a little modification! But the crane method is also something to coonsider it will let you load alot more things than just logs. I am putting one on mine thatr folds down so that you can get full clearance when your empty and not useing it Laancek

ronnie tucker

with reasonable care those loaders are not dangerous .overloading the truck for traveling on the road can be a problem but again you have to use good judgement  ronnie tucker tn logger

Tombstone

Great Pics and a good idea! Ronnie, I think them trucks would be fine as well, I never owned one but it just seems that if you use good sense you'd be alright. We will see what the future holds. If I find one of them trucks maybe Ill get it or maybe I will do the winch thing, either way I am in the wood and ain't leavin! :D
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

Brad_S.

Having some free time this past weekend while in Maine, I visited a very interesting museum called The Cole Land Transportation Museum. http://www.colemuseum.org/
They have a log truck there with a "Timber Tosser" brand side loader. Interesting device!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Tombstone

Have to check that place out some time
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

twobears

i,ve thought about this type of log loader alot why couldn,t you have a cradle to hold the log until you had it lifted then,have that cradle rigged to slide down the lifting arms??
i,de make it all hyrdrulic so it could be controled better.
you would lower the arms to the ground,roll the log on it and clamp it,raise the log/arms until the log was over the truck.lower the log/cradle down into the truck and release the log.you might have to roll the log around with a cant hook to place it on the truck.
i,de have a couple arms on it to keep the truck from rocking as you load it...like a real log loader.they would both be on the loader side of the truck.

delbert

IF ANYBODY runs with this idea and get's rich off it..don,t forget me or this forum...atleast cut me a few buck's for each one sold..lol

jimparamedic

Also you could think about a coffen stile hoist the trucks or trailers that have an I beam running down the center of the bed held up 6-8 ft in the air by a framework and a whench or chain fall runs on a trolly. The I beam sticks out past the bed about 3 ft so you can pick up whats on the ground.

Hilltop366

Jim
At first I thought you were talking about a tilt deck type of rig but then I read it again...which got me thinking if a loader with two L shaped arms (1 on each side of the box) that when in the rest position are hinged about 2/3 back of the box running forward along the box then turn up 90° and follow the head board. When tilted (with a hyd cylinder under each arm) to load a log the arms would now be a almost upside down L , hook log with choker or tongs and return loader to rest position to load log on deck. ?? It might work.

ronnie tucker

this method of loading works good and is quick. you all are trying to reinvent the wheel . come south and see one work. ronnie tucker tn logger

Thank You Sponsors!