iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking to purchase LT-15 or Timberking 1220

Started by maineframer, March 28, 2011, 06:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston

He certainly meant that since he did his researched and tried out his options and went with the one he liked better, he can be confident he chose the right mill for him. 
It wasn't a slam on timberking or any other mills.    ;)
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

thecfarm

I doubt MM meant anything bad.He's not the kind that thinks his stuff or his ideas are better than yours.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

maineframer

Thank you. I do feel like I made an informed decision----I like both mills ---i just felt the Woodmizer would work best for our situation. I like the fact that service is local (only 1 hr. away.) I feel the set works on the woodmizer is more positive with 1/16th inch detents.
Piston, the mill now comes standard with three sections and I purchased a fourth.
Thank you for the bolt loosening heads up ---I will watch and listen for that.
I love my new mill. 8)
David

Magicman

Quote from: ladylake on April 02, 2011, 10:38:26 AM
Quote from: Magicman on April 02, 2011, 08:57:18 AM
I really admire your game plan for deciding on a sawmill.  Ask direct and information seeking questions.  Learn from the answers.  Actually put your hands on the different alternatives and then make an informed decision.  Follow through.

Congratulation on getting your sawmill.  You can now spend your energy sawing instead of second guessing your sawmill buying decision.   ;)

So does that mean if he bought a TK 1220 he would be spending his energy second guessing????  We don't need slams on here.   Steve

Steve, it does not mean anything other than what I said.  Your last statement was yours, not mine.  Adding words or other meanings to my statement was inappropriate and unwelcome.

I have never recommended a particular brand of sawmill nor have I ever "slammed" any particular brand.  Each sawmill owner needs to make his own choice regarding a sawmill purchase.  It's a big and sometimes expensive investment.  It is also usually a long term investment, and the sawmill owner needs to be comfortable with their own decision.

Congratulating a person for making such a decision is also a confidence builder for that buyer.  I admired maineframer's decision making process and told him so.  If he had made a TK decision, my response would have been exactly the same.  No one would like to think that they maybe made a bad decision, and certainly everyone likes to be recognized for making an informed and rationalized decision such as mainframer did.

I thank the other posters for not adding to or attempting to change the meaning of my statement.  I will stand on and be judged by my past record.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brucer

I did things backwards from a lot of folks. I did my research and decided which brand of mill I was going to buy, if I bought a mill. Then I agonized over which model go get, if I bought a mill. Then I couldn't decide if I should really buy one or not. Took me a year to make up my mind.

When I decided to buy there was a tremendous feeling of relief that the deciding was done. MM's last sentence describes exactly how I felt. It was nothing to do with what the decision actually was -- I was finally done deciding!
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Jeff

Both companies sell very good mills and both are long time much appreciated supporters of the forestry forum and I personally am tickled pink when a prospective sawmill buyer does his research here and chooses a mill from any one of the companies to the left. When they do, I know the forum did its duty to help those that come here looking for answers find the answer that works for them.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Piston

I think a pic from maineframer with his new mill would be a good addition to get this thread back on track  ;)
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

redbeard

Congrats on your sawmill venture, Now you can enjoy the rewards that all of our sawmills bring us. Welcome Maineframer.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!