iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum Website

Started by cblewis, April 13, 2024, 07:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

I hate phones for web stuff so I'm usually on a laptop or PC. While at the project I used my phone for a hotspot to wifi to my laptop. Used way more data than normal and feel like it may have been video adds running on the side. One time they had a side popup video with another at the bottom. If your on a metered connection I would be cautious.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

tacks Y

Jeff,

Thank you for all you do. I am still glad you and this site are here.

Tom

tacks Y

Quote from: tacks Y on April 23, 2024, 06:16:04 AMJeff,

Thank you for all you do. I am still glad you and this site are here.

Tom
To show my thanks I sent a couple bucks by Paypal.  Please buy an ice cream cone to help you chill your way through this.

melezefarmer

You can prevent videos from auto playing in Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

For Edge (Taken from the Microsoft website):

How to turn off video autoplay in Microsoft Edge
Autoplay can be distracting and infuriating, but there is a way to disable it, or at least limit its ability to interrupt you.
If you choose to limit autoplay in Microsoft Edge, the embedded media will still automatically start playing, but you won't hear the audio until you select the tab and make it active. This can help limit the surprise factor, since sound will only be on the webpage you're actively viewing. Here's how to enable this option.
  • In your Microsoft Edge browser, open the Settings and more menu by selecting the three dots in the top right.
  • Choose Settings.
  • In the menu on the left, choose Cookies and site permissions, then scroll down on the right and select Media autoplay.
  • On the right, there's a drop-down arrow that gives you the options to Allow, Limit, or Block autoplay.
  • Choose the option that works best for you.

Jeff

Thanks Tom much appreciated. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I hope the video float is taken care of expediently.  Everything is custom scripted, you do it, you see if it works, if it doesn't, it needs to be adjusted.  By the way, the video ads are far smaller in size than just one of those drag and drop photos people are sticking in just under the one meg limit. I think blaming those for using extra data use is not accurate.

Jeff

I am not seeing the video float on my pc this morning. You may want to consider deleting forum temp files if you do. If your cache does not pick up the new javascript when it is edited, you may not experience changes. That is a guess if you are still experiencing things that may have now changed for the better.

I'll be away from a desktop for a few days. I'm sure someone will let me know in some way what ever happens.

doc henderson

I get the video at the top, but it no longer populates over the thread when I try to read.  It is fine if it is there at the onset of looking at a thread, the pain was when it popped later and shifted everything down as I started to read.  nice work.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Andries

Well, something changed today, and for the better. 
Financial & market information video at the top of the page.
Lingerie and makeup ads at the bottom of the page.
. to sum up:  Bloomberg at the top and bloomers at the bottom.
Works for me.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

TroyC

I'm on the desktop today and the sponsor ads are scrolling on the bottom but no pop-ups so far! Nice change!!!!

Ianab

I've occasional seen a different pop-up banner, but it's located at the bottom of the screen, and closes itself after a few seconds. Much less annoying as it doesn't actually interfere with the forum use. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Percy

Quote from: Andries on April 23, 2024, 05:45:33 PMWell, something changed today, and for the better.
Financial & market information video at the top of the page.
Lingerie and makeup ads at the bottom of the page.
. to sum up:  Bloomberg at the top and bloomers at the bottom.
Works for me.

ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy

Im dyin here
ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Stephen1

I get a popup on the side of the screen, its long and does not interfere too much. Think are much better now. Thank you !
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!