iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2015 Forestry Forum Pigroast RSVP topic.

Started by Jeff, June 03, 2015, 08:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

I will be good as long as there is not a goat as a door prize.  Delta does not cotton to goats in the checked baggage. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 22, 2015, 04:03:41 PM
I will be good as long as there is not a goat as a door prize.  Delta does not cotton to goats in the checked baggage.

Or pocket knives.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

okmulch

Quote from: Magicman on July 22, 2015, 02:10:03 PM
DanG, had to replace the truck battery this morning.  I expected more from the original 3 year old battery, but obviously did not get it.  Getting ready to travel is a trip in itself.  ::)
I had to replace my not even 3 year old batteries in my 1 ton yesterday. Always replace both batteries even if ones bad cause the other will be not far behind.  ;)
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

iffy

3 yrs ago I took my '06 Duramax in to the chevy dealer for an oil change and asked them to get everything else ready for a trip to Alaska. Had to replace the air cleaner at Grand Prairie and had an ORIGINAL battery go bad in a state campground not close to anything in Akaska. Limped into Seward to a Napa store and of course ran into Furby. We played tag all over Alaska and the quickest way to find out if he was in town was to go to the local parts store.   :D Had a talk with the chevy dealer when we got back.

OneWithWood

It seems the planets have aligned - maybe it has something to do with the Pluto (not officially a planet) flyby.
Linnea and I will be making the party afterall 8)

95 and 96 plus Jette
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Quote from: OneWithWood on July 23, 2015, 10:31:25 AMLinnea and I will be making the party afterall
We look forward to seeing you there.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

DR_Buck

Quote from: OneWithWood on July 23, 2015, 10:31:25 AM
It seems the planets have aligned - maybe it has something to do with the Pluto (not officially a planet) flyby.
Linnea and I will be making the party afterall 8)

95 and 96 plus Jette

Most excellent news Robert.   Kitty & I will be glad to see you and Linnea.

dancing-jack smiley_applause
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

papadigger

Wildflower

Our neighbors Joe and Jan and Joe and Carol so that makes the count 102.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

thecfarm

papadigger,welcome to the forum. You guys will have a great time at the pig roast.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Hello papadigger, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  I can not think of a better way to make a first post than to RSVP the Pig Roast.  Two years is a long time to stay quiet.  :)

Now how about an intro thread and telling us a bit about yourself and your log, lumber, wood interest.  Also add your location to your profile.   ;D

SawyerBrown

Welcome PapaDigger and Nana!  Look forward to seeing you at the (whatever we're going to roast) roast!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on July 23, 2015, 08:48:11 PM
Hello papadigger, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  I can not think of a better way to make a first post than to RSVP the Pig Roast.  Two years is a long time to stay quiet.  :)

Now how about an intro thread and telling us a bit about yourself and your log, lumber, wood interest.  Also add your location to your profile.   ;D

Lynn, you have met them more than once. That is Steve and Jill who live in our back yard. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I remember Steve & Jill, but that user name threw me a curve.  I did my usual research, but that did not unlock the secret either.   :D

Jeff

You'll all be glad to hear, that Tammy called yesterday and doubled up on the porta-potty rental. :)  This may or may not have anything to do with the news that Poston is coming. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WmFritz

Quote from: Jeff on July 23, 2015, 11:05:46 PM
This may or may not have anything to do with the news that Poston is coming. ;D

We could always tether him to a tree in the back corner.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

There may be other options to neuterize :o neutralize him.  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on July 23, 2015, 11:05:46 PM
You'll all be glad to hear, that Tammy called yesterday and doubled up on the porta-potty rental. :)  This may or may not have anything to do with the news that Poston is coming. ;D

Thanks Tammy.  I was a little worried about Magicman's Pecan Pies running right through me.  :D

SawyerBrown

A policeman in the big city stops a man in a car with a goat in the front seat. "What are you doing with that goat?" He exclaimed, "You should take it to the zoo." The following week, the same policeman sees the same man with the goat again in the front seat, with both of them wearing sunglasses. The policeman pulls him over. "I thought you were going to take that goat to the zoo!" The man replied, "I did. We had such a good time we are going to the Forestry Forum pig roast!"
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

gspren

Up until 4 years ago I raised goats and had up to 30 at a time, I still have some equipment like a burning iron used to remove and cauterize the horns, it can also be used to descent a male goat by burning a spot on the top of their head just forward of the horns and centered, should I bring that along?  :o
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

Disclaimer:  No Goats will be harmed at the Pig Roast.  whiteflag_smiley

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on July 24, 2015, 08:46:29 AM
Disclaimer:  No Goats will be harmed at the Pig Roast.  whiteflag_smiley

Due to the nature of this event, ( and the chance I am taking going into a hostile environment) my attorney....   I. No Mutton,
has advised me to keep a Goat-Pro with me at all times. So Y'all be careful!!!!  :D

Gadrock

Have any of you see the Direct TV advertisement? Yeah...the one about Hannah and her talking Horse. Well , one of those ads has a goat...a very well fed goat. And it being on tv and such makes me wonder a bit if that movie / tv star goat has any relatives on the East Coast area...that do sawmilling etc.

I think I read about stories of a goat in our group.

David G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Thank You Sponsors!