iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husq won't restart when warm.

Started by gaspasser, September 24, 2023, 01:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaspasser

I've got 3 husqvarna saws: a little 142, 450 rancher and a new 372xp. All 3 start right up and work fine cold. They have been serviced and tuned up. The 450 had a new ignition coil  put in last season. But the 2 larger ones give me trouble restarting when they've been warmed up. I have to let them sit before they will start again. I wind up alternating between saws.
I'm happy with the saws otherwise. The new 372 has a 24 inch bar and is a beast. It rips through the larger diameter logs in seconds.  But this restart issue is frustrating.

Any thoughts gang? Thank you.  

rusticretreater

I have 562xp that would give me the same problem. I discovered that if I just leave everything alone and the decompression valve closed it would start when pulled.  I usually use the brace the handle behind my knee and give it a good pull.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

ladylake

Try pulling the choke out then back in to set the fast idle, helps on some saws.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Al_Smith

Often times the ignition coils fail under heated conditions but recover after they cool down .I do have a small 3 cube Partner however that will flood on a stop unless you tilt it bar up then hit the kill switch .It runs too good otherwise  and I'm not going to do anything to it for the time being .

Thank You Sponsors!