iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Birthday TOM

Started by CHARLIE, November 25, 2009, 09:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BROTHER! 8)

I was sitting here somberly thinking about waaaay back when we were growing up and all the many times I pestered you.  The times I let you get in trouble with mom for the things I did.  The times I woke you up squirting you with ice water.  The time I threw hot pepper sauce in your eyes.  The time Ben and I ganged up on you and splattered you with rotten tomatoes.  The time Ben and I made a bad tasting concoction of stuff, dyed it red and got you to try and drink it. The pranks went on and on and on.  And then I thought..................

IT SURE WAS FUN!  8) 8) 8) :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

fishpharmer

Happy birthday Tom. 8) 8)

Glad you let Charlie live to say it too. :D ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Warbird

Haha.  Happy birthday, Tom.  :)

Bill Johnson

Bill

ronwood

Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

WDH

Have a very happy and prosperous b-day  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

Have a good one Tom!  Many more too!

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Tom

Well!  Thankyou very much.  You too, Charlsie, you *((% :)little&%%twirp :D

woodsteach

Happy Birthday Tom and here's to many more.  You sure make the forum great.

woods
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Texas Ranger

Some folks age well, and then some folks just age, like ripe cheese. smiley_eek_dropjaw

Wait, I'm older than you, barely.  I'll let you catch up next year, yeah, that's the ticket.

Happy Birthday, Tom, many more.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

Thanks TRanger.  I'm close on your heels. Don't run too fast.  :D :D

Hi-Country Orange

Happy Birthday Tom & many more, I've sure enjoyed reading your post's over the years
keep em coming  8)

beenthere

Yup, Happy Birthday Tom.

And be glad you didn't have 4 brothers ! ! ! ::) ::) ::)

;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

Charlie came along in '44.  I was apparently enthralled with his handsomeness and wouldn't let him out of my sight. When he was learning to walk, his hand was always in mine.  Before he could talk, I was always translating for him.  (And they think that baby talk is just babble.) :D

One day, a Church lady was cooing over him and said, "You're so sweet.  I'm going to take you home with me."
The story goes that I got hold of Charlie, put him behind me and said, "No Ma'am!  Charz my baby."

Well I've hung onto him ever since.  There's been a lot of years when we were separated and I couldn't touch him, but he was close just the same.  He's been a pretty good choice and pretty good little brother, too.  With all of the pranks, accidents and ignorancy that we both have imposed on each other through the years, there has never been a single instance, to my recollection, where there was real animosity.  The little rascal turned out to be pretty smart, married a fine gal, raised a couple of decent children, tends to his grandchildren  and, for some reason, needless as it is, I still feel like It's my job to break trail.

But that y'all could be lucky enough to have a little brother like him.  :)

Tom

The girl down the street just left.  She and her four kids brought me a pot of beans 'n ham and some cornbread.  She has 4 little boys, one just born, one that is 4, one 6 and one 9.  They are all cute as buttons.  The 4 year-old handed me a birthday card and the others stood on the deck and waited for me to open it.   It was a musical card that played Thorogood's Bad to the bone.  They all jumped up and down to the music and giggled and laughed.  She said that the 4 year old picked it out.  That was special.  8)

On the day I was born, the nurses all gathered 'round
And they gazed in wide wonder, at the joy they had found
The head nurse spoke up, and she said leave this one alone
She could tell right away, that I was bad to the bone

James P.

Happy Birthday Tom , hope you have many more.

mrnero

Tom, I'm NOT going to send you a B-card or call you and say happy birthday to you or wish you a happy birthday to you in person, but I will post my thoughs on FF. Wish you a happy birthday and many many more. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too :) and everyone else reading this post. :)

Radar67

Sounds like you have enjoyed your special day Tom. I hope you have many more.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

sprucebunny

Happy Birthday, Tom and many returns of the day  8)
:-*
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thecfarm

Tom,bad to the bone.  ;D Kinda hard to top that one.I like that.Have a Happy Birthday.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishpharmer

That's awesome Tom.  You are bad to the bone.  In a great way, of course 8) 8) 8) 8)

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

DoubleD

Happy Birthday Tom  8) 8) 8) Hope you enjoyed it !!!

I really like your fine writings here on the forum, i hope you'll write many many more

Davide ;D
Wannabe a sawmiller

Paul_H

Happy Birthday Tom and many more too.

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Coon

Hope you had a great day today.  Many more to come too, you whippersnapper.   :D  :D

Brad. ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Mooseherder

Happy Birthday Tom!  Feel free to celebrate all Weekend. ;D

ellmoe

Add me to your well wishers, Tom. I should have recognized rhat you were a fellow "November" child. Just something about those fall born kids. ;D

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

nas

Happy birthday, and many more 8) 8)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Magicman

Happy Birthday Tom.  I see that you've learned how to take that curve out of the "6" already....Congratulations !!!

I'm especially proud for you and Charlie.  I only had one brother, and lost him 25 years ago.  Cherish the good times.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

Tom , mon ami , j'aimerais prendre un instant pour te souhaité BONNE FÊTE , qu'ils en sont nombreuse encore a venir, que la santé soit avec toi pour encore longtemps .

Au plaisir de te voir dans un avenir proche. 

Je souhaite pouvoir t'accompagné de nouveau sur un balcon, assis sur une berceuse a règler tout les problèmes du monde cela a été pour moi un grand moment bien apprécier.

Marcel  :-* 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

fstedy

Happy Birthday TOM Here's wishing you health and happiness.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Gary_C

Happy Birthday Tom. Once again you have caught up with me.

Glad to see you back and active on the forum. Do you still have that mill around somewhere?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

CHARLIE

WHAT! No one else was curious about what Marcel wrote to Tom?  Well, I gotta work on this.....................

Here's what I came up with:

"Tom, my friend, j' would like to take one moment for you desired GOOD FESTIVAL, qu' they are numerous still has to come, that health is with you for still a long time. With the pleasure of seeing you in the near future. I wish to be able t' accompanied again on a balcony, sitting on a lullaby all the problems of the world that has to regulate was for me one great moment to appreciate well."

Here's what I think it means:

Tom, my friend, I would like to take one moment to tell you I've enjoyed seeing you at the Pig Roast.  Yes, they are numerous we still have many more to come, and that health is with you for a long time. With the pleasure of seeing you in the near future. I wish to be able visit with you on the porch, sitting and talking about all the problems of the world that has to be fixed. For me, it was a great time that I enjoyed.

Was that close Marcel?.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom_in_Mo.

Hey, Happy delated BIRTHday Tom. Wish I was there to help you out with those ham and beans. I would have brought the "bean-O" with me. ;D ;D Have your self a HAPPY and SAFE Thanksgiving.
Tom S.

isawlogs

Charlie .....   Whats da definition of close  :P    ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

old joe

Tom,
I'm glad you decided it was better to learn to make the angle!!  many happy returns.

Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

CHARLIE

Marcel, since I don't know the French language at all and don't do very well with English either......my definition of close would be......ahhhhh....about what you said......sort of generally speaking in a roundabout way :).
Charlie

Tom

Don't let me stop this chit chat.  It's funny.

But I do want to say that this Tom Turkey is pleased to know you all, even if the feelings ain't reciprocal.  Have a great and safe Holiday season and I wish you all the most happiness like can provide.  :)

IMERC

So Thomas it is once again time to be microscoped....

not to fear....
this is the one day of the year that is yur own personal day...

also, good wishes from here are to accompany "yur day"...
(good wishes is three facetted deal wishing ya good health, serenity and prospertiy)...

so Tom, here's good wishes to you on yur day...

BTW... on a side note...
how does it feel to get "that" DanG old???

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Tom

Thanks IMERC.

QuoteBTW... on a side note...
how does it feel to get "that" DanG old???

It's said that you reach an age when you all of a sudden feel old.  It's different for everyone and is a realization of your mortality.  Friends ahead of me tell me that it is almost like a period of mourning and that it goes away, only to return when you least expect it.  If that is true, I've felt aging before, the inability to perform,  the feelings of being cast out, but, this is the first time I've ever really felt "Old".  Hopefully, when it passes this time, I won't feel it again, ever, even if I'm 'sposed to. :P :D :D

IMERC

yur welcome...

since I'm still akid I have reached that "period of mourning' yet...

and to quote fishpharmer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7VsoxT_FUY
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

tonich

Happy belated Birthday Tom!

Tom

Thankyou sir!  It's been quite a trip. :D

isawlogs

Charlie, 
    ahhhhh....about what you said......sort of generally speaking in a roundabout way You where  err .. well close  ;D  But really , this is what I said/wrote to Tom  ;D

" Tom , mon ami , j'aimerais prendre un instant pour te souhaité BONNE FÊTE , qu'ils en sont nombreuse encore a venir, que la santé soit avec toi pour encore longtemps .

Je souhaite pouvoir t'accompagné de nouveau sur un balcon, assis sur une berceuse a règler tout les problèmes du monde cela a été pour moi un grand moment bien apprécier.

Marcel   :-*   " 

Marcel

Mooseherder

Quote from: isawlogs on November 27, 2009, 05:42:29 PM
Charlie, 
    ahhhhh....about what you said......sort of generally speaking in a roundabout way You where  err .. well close  ;D  But really , this is what I said/wrote to Tom  ;D

" Tom , mon ami , j'aimerais prendre un instant pour te souhaité BONNE FÊTE , qu'ils en sont nombreuse encore a venir, que la santé soit avec toi pour encore longtemps .

Marcel   :-*   " 

Tom, my friend, I would like to take an instant to wish you Happy Birthday! And many more to come, with good health for you for a long time.
I look forward to seeing you in the coming year.

I don't got the Turd sentence yet. :D

isawlogs

Generally speaking in a roundabout way You where  err .. well closer   ;D

Marcel

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Happy Birthday Tom I hope you hade a good one Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Bad to the bone's All good  ;) You could be Silly as a Wheel like me Mate  :D :D :D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

WDH

Who says he couldn't be Silly as a Wheel too  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WildDog

Happy birthday Tom. My dads the same age and there's no stopping him, he's just bought a new farm, building a new house. Hopefully we will be having this chat in another 20yrs.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

CHARLIE

Well Marcel, I gave it my best shot....sorta kinda in a roundabout way.  I did learned three things.  Don't trust those translator programs online, I don't understand French and you are better at both French and English than I and I remember when you were really working hard at learning English. :)
Charlie

Mooseherder

Quote from: isawlogs on November 27, 2009, 06:01:46 PM

Generally speaking in a roundabout way You where  err .. well closer   ;D

I think the turd sentence is can't wait to be sitting on the porch discussing the world's problems with you because you're the smartest person I know. ;D

customdave

Happy belated Birthday Tom from Canada!! In your posts you still sound young @ heart which I enjoy imensely.....

Keep up the good work you do here!!!!

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

isawlogs

Marcel    :-*  "
Ok ,Here is my translation, ( no googlin' was used  :P )   

Tom , my friend , I would like to take a moment to wish you a happy birthday , may they still be numerous to come, may health be with you for yet a long time.
  To meet you in the near futur will be my plaisure .
I wish to accompagnie you again on a porch , siiting in a rocker fixin' all of the world issues , it was for me a great moment that I  apriciate alot.

Marcel
  :-*     

And ya , I would give him a kiss and a hug .   He deserves that , just for listening to me .  ;D

Marcel

Tom

I'll drink to that. 'cept for the listen-to part.  I think we held some very intelligent and adult conversation.  Talk that would be envied by those who think they make decisions for the world.   We stick these guys in office and buy'em books and buy'em books and they still won't read or listen.  :-\

I'll have to tell y'all about me and Marcel threatenin' to start a bar fight at the Goetzville Bar in the UP, not far from Jeff's cabin.  Yep, we were bored and thought that would be a lot of fun.  Seems that the people in the little community of Goetzville don't like the place being called Goatsville.  Like to have scared Jeff out of his wits that we were really going to do it.  :D :D

isawlogs

Tom , now wait a while before bringing up that little incedent , I just bearly got my new entry paper work done to make it across da border . A braul might just put that in jeopordy . ????  :o

Marcel

CHARLIE

Well see! I was close in sort of a roundabout way....kinda.....I don't know where I got the Pig Roast in there though......maybe just a calculated guess.  I sure am smart! ;D
Charlie

Jeff

I have renamed the place go-eats-ville.  That bar has the best whitefish dinner anywhere on dat end of the U.P.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I wonder if they serve bar-b-cued goat in there?  :D

isawlogs

I had that Whitefish dinner , and yes it is very good eating . Tom , dont go ther ...  :D  Leave well enough alone .  :o

Marcel

OneWithWood

Happy belated birthday, Tom.

Sorry I am a bit late.  I am sure you are still celebrating  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tom

Yep, every morning that I put both feet on the floor is cause. ;D :D

Mooseherder

CHARLIE

That looks like something I would've done. I got better at it the older I got.  I found out early that Tom is nice.  I like nice people because I can take advantage of them. ;D
Charlie

fishpharmer

MH, that video was hilarious.

Thank You Sponsors!