iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It won't give up or my wood pile is alive?

Started by shopteacher, June 25, 2003, 06:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shopteacher

This silver leaf maple was cut approx. 2 month ago. This evenng I happened to notice a small stand of small limbs sprouting. The're growing straight up and looks like a small forest on top of the log.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Larry

Walnut also does that along with a few other woods.  Get the maple sawed like today unless you want stain and spalt.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

CHARLIE

I had some Hackberry that was sprouting and a basswood log that had one sprout.  I know Silver Maple and Boxelder sprouts a lot. :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

woodbeard

That's actually how I was able to finally identify a cottonwood log I got from a loggers trash pile. Didn't know what it was until it started sprouting leaves.

Captain

I've got a pile of Maple to cut this weekend that is starting to look like that.  I did half of it 2 weeks ago and it looked good, but it has hit 95 degrees here in the last few days, and I am afraid of the result.   :'(

I'm starting to get a backup of work, where were all of these customers in February, March and April?

Captain

woodmills1

round here willow will grow into a tree while it is waiting in the log pile.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

ohsoloco

I just noticed a walnut log out in the yard is starting to grow again...maybe if I wait long enough to mill it I'll have another log or two to cut up  ::)

Furby

Cherry is REAL bad, it'll grow faster then I can cut it!

Thank You Sponsors!