iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Knee high by the 4th of July

Started by btulloh, July 04, 2021, 02:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

If he cant make a living somewhere as hank waylon its his own fault!

;D
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Just checked and theyre all still growin like weeds

Praise The Lord

newoodguy78

The corn or the country boy?  :D

mike_belben

Everything but the chubby pitbull.   ;D

Theres cukes, squash, zuchinni, maters, taters and beans within that corn patch if you can believe it.  Almost all volunteer from the compost pile.

Boys been singin the same merle haggard song all day
Praise The Lord

moodnacreek

Merle was the 'best since Hank'

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

mike_belben

Thats bella, theyre pretty much twins.  Pity has an orange collar so i can tell them apart at a glance.  Shes doing excellent.. Ill have to get some pics up. 
Praise The Lord

aigheadish

Wait! It's an elephant's knees? I never knew that? 

Around these parts, in centralsouthwest Ohio, the corn planted at normal time is huge already! Much of it is taller than me at about 6'3" or 4". The field across the street got planted a bit late but it's still probably 4 feet tall by now. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

mike_belben

Is it tassled yet?  Mine is up to my face today. Just stalks and leaves.
Praise The Lord

aigheadish

Not sure. I know the stuff across the street isn't, but the rest that I see is usually at about 50mph as I whiz by in the car. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

mike_belben

The gardens have sure enjoyed the rain.  

Praise The Lord

newoodguy78

I'm following that corn, curious to see what variety it is...

mike_belben

The highest is at 7ft without any sign of tassle and i have no idea whats going on with it.  Feel like its a prank!   :D

Im gonna need a ladder to pick the ears off if it ever any appear. If not ill just joust the kids with the stalks. 
Praise The Lord

aigheadish

I paid attention to the stalks as I whizzed by a couple of days ago and it is tasseled pretty well here.

mike_belben

Yeah here too.. Every other patch im aware of has been tassled for about 2 weeks. Even late planted knee high stuff. 

The deer corn mystery continues. 
Praise The Lord

Southside

Looking at the stover my bet is that's dent corn.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

btulloh

Corn is 6 to 7 ft tall. Tassles and ears forming. Looking good but need some rain. We've been getting by on a few little showers, but there's no water in the ground. May get an afternoon shower tomorrow. No real good rain systems in the forecast. Wish we could get a little of that extra rain some parts of the country are experiencing. At least the grass has slowed down and I don't have to mow the lawn twice a week.  

HM126

moodnacreek

My last 3 plantings of sweet corn [in my small garden] have been dug up by chipmunks even under netting. Very frustrating. We are eating corn now but I like to go into October.

mike_belben

That is frusterating.  

Ive gotten the first tassle on one stem and first ear on another.  

6/6/21

7/5/21

7/10/21

Today, with mister crabby pants. 

Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Nebraska

Looks like a good day there. Making pickles?

mike_belben

Yeah i guess i probably ought to
Praise The Lord

moodnacreek

Shot another chipmunk at the seen of the crime and replanted again. The early corn is over and the main crop is close to picking and got 2 red tomatoes . We buy fancy bacon and there should be real blt's this week.

newoodguy78

Garden fresh BLTs make fighting the weeds and varmints worth it  ;D

Southside

Your garden looks AWESOME Mike.  I might be able to find a few cherry tomatoes among the grown up grass patch....
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!