iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Identifying 3 types of tree by leaf

Started by alisamarknyc, July 07, 2021, 08:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alisamarknyc

Hi all - I am hoping to get some help identifying 3 types of tree on a plot of land I am looking to purchase in upstate NY. The lowest branches for all 3 trees were too high to reach so I collected a selection of leaves for each that were on the ground below. I have attached photos of the leaves for all 3 tree types.

Would I be right in thinking the evergreen is eastern hemlock? The other two I am not very sure about at all - after comparing a number of leaf images online the closest matches seem to be red oak and swampy white oak...

Any help would be really appreciated!

mike_belben

@WDH  can tell you what they are. 

@BargeMonkey  

May be someone youd like to talk to, hes an upstate logger, farmer and dirt contractor turned land flipper who sells parcels built to order. 
Praise The Lord

WDH

I do believe hemlock is correct. 

2nd leaf is northern red oak. 

3rd leaf is chestnut oak, in the white oak group. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Old Greenhorn

Welcome to the forum Alisa. You might get more meaningful replies going for if you fill in some of your profile info. Also where is this property in general? We have members all over the map and there might be a member local that could assist.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!