Main Menu

Sponsors:

Poll: News

Started by Ron Wenrich, September 25, 2005, 08:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

Expires 10-10-05

You can vote for up to 3  (Trying something new)
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Frank_Pender

Gee, I tried to vote for spouse, three times but you did not provide tht option.
Frank Pender

Cedarman

Are you talking about real news with solid facts or the distorted info presented by most networks and many newspapers?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

thedeeredude

Cedarman, you're right on with that one.  I get my news from talk radio, blogs and Fox news.

DanG

I checked newspapers and magazines, though I don't take a paper. I do subscribe to Newsweek, which I filter through a very fine BS screen.

Checked TV, cause I do watch the local news shows.  BS filter is turned up to MAX.

Get the best facts right here on The ForestryForum, so I checked Internet, too.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Linda

Cedarman,

I wondered the same thing. :-\

Most news media is so biased you can't get the whole truth, just the parts they want you to hear.  If you listen to them long enough they'll have you believing that it is the whole truth, too. >:(

Some of the secular news is so blatantly biased, that it's obvious the minute you hear it.

Christian radio and periodicals seem to be a step above the rest on reporting whole truths.  If I really want to know the truth I go there.

Linda :)
Wood-Mizer 2012 LT50HDE25

Patty

I checked internet. I have an online subscription to WallStreet. I enjoy the conservative slant they put on most things. I also read townhall.com & fox news pretty much every day. On weekends I avoid the news at all costs. I prefer to be oblivious to the outside world on my days off.  smiley_idea
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

We can't get local news here. The CBC only gives news by region or city. Same with the weather, except I can pull that off the internet. I'm about 3 miles away from a weather tower in Maine, so I can get that off my scanner. I have to tune into a CBS TV affiliate in  Maine for my local news and TV weather. I pick up a weekend paper for supplementary news (waste of paper actually). I can get national and global news off the internet (CBC, CTV) with that Canadian spin on it. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

johnjbc

Looked out the window lunch time and they had a big blowup pig on the front steps of the Pa Capital in Harrisburg :D :D.  Wonder if it will show up on the national news to night? >:( >:(
They will be presenting petitions with better than 140000 signatures
If you do a search on Pa pay raise you will find a lot of links.

ANTI-PAY RAISE RALLY PLANNED AT CAPITOL.  Pay raise critics are descending on the state Capitol en masse today, the first day the full legislature will be back in session since the pay raise vote.  Supporters say thousands are expected to attend the rally.  Bob Durgin, a talk  show host in the Harrisburg region, who has been collecting petition signatures from citizens against the pay raise, says he will tape the petitions together and unroll them down the steps of the Capitol.  He will also provide Governor Ed Rendell, Senate President Pro Tem Bob Jubelirer and House Speaker John Perzel with copies of the petitions.  Other organizations supporting the rally include: PA Club for Growth; Common Cause;  Democracy Rising; PA League of Women Voters; Lutheran Advocacy Ministry PA, PA  Council of Churches, Operation Clean Sweep, Citizens for Legislative Accountability and the Young Conservatives of Pennsylvania.  The rally will begin at 1:30 p.m.
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

thedeeredude

johnjbc,
   It's not only politicians that will be getting a raise, we citizens will, too ;).  Bad part is, it's gonna be a tax raise :(

Murf

International news via the Internet, after apssing through a BS filter.

National news via the newspaper, after passing through a BS and PC filter.

Local news via the feed mill and coffee shop, not much filtering left to do .........  ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Cedarman

I always keep hip boots on at the coffee shop.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

leweee

and don't forget your shovel ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Tobacco Plug

Internet, radio, and TV in descending order.
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

farmerdoug

Internet, TV, newpaper.
Mostly the internet with the paper for local news.
Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI