iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tom was Correct

Started by Bothy_Loon, July 13, 2006, 04:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bothy_Loon

Hello folks
I have been talking to Tom & told him I was no longer a member of this forum. He said I was. Seems the big man was right . All it needed was a new password!
Have not been reading much from the forum as I lost all interest in sawing & timber. Canna hae been weel!

Bothy Loon

asy

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

sprucebunny

Welcome back, Bothy Loon ;D

I hope you were pleasantly distracted and have recovered your interest.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Bothy_Loon

No it has not been pleasant but I think I am winning.
Lots of nasty things have happened in my life over the last 3 years & it finally caught up with me.
Most of the folks who know me could not believe I was not interested in timber anymore. 40 years ago this month since I first started in this game. To suddenly lose interest was scary!
Tom has got me telling him stories about my time in the game & wants me to post.
Once I suss out how to put pics on the forum again. Prepare to be bored.
Bothy Loon

Paul_H

I'm looking forward to the pics and stories.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

tnlogger

Bothy_Loon I for one can tell you  this forum isn't just about forestry. it's freindship, food, and everything else. Shoot I'm a good example. I havn't done any of that in 4 yrs because of my heath and I'm still here.  ;D
  looking forward to the pics and storys.
gene

Fla._Deadheader

If I remember correctly,  ::), Tom researched your name, and that brought a lot of interest. I know your input here would be well accepted. Post them stories and photos.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

asy

Bothy,

The guys are right, this forum isn't 'just' about forestry, gosh, I've never run a mill in my life. Never even run a chain saw. I'm pretty good with a circular saw though :D

Hang around, make a few friends!

asy :D

Mr Mom

What this fourm need a spot just for story.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Murf

Only one thing better'n good stories an interestin' pictures .........

Dat's friends and a bottle of good Irish Whiskey ta enjoy dem with !!!  8)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Tom

This whole forum is a spot for stories, Mr. Mom.
:)

Mr Mom

Toms correct again. :D :D :D

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

CHARLIE

Murf, you bring the Irish whisky and I'll bring the single malt Scotch Whisky and Single Barrel Bourbon........ :o ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

DanG

Bothy, I'm glad to see you back on here, too.  I was wondering. ???

I don't know what nasty curves life has thrown at you, but I'm betting you'll have your feet under you again soon.  Perhaps you already do. :)

I've suffered from "burn-out" a couple of times myself when I threw myself too deeply into my passions.  I was a nut about flying when I was young, until the US Army loaned me a helicopter and gave me all the fuel I could burn.  After a couple of years of that, I didn't want to fly anymore.  By the time the desire came back, I couldn't afford it. :-\

I was the same way about fishing, especially offshore fishing.  After spending enough time on the water, I got licensed and started a part-time charter fishing business.  Burnt myself out again.  I'm only just now becoming interested in it again on a much lower level.

I hope it isn't that way with you and wood, or with me and wood for that matter. ::)  If it is though, we'll both be fine and will occupy ourselves with some of the thousands of other fascinating things that life has to offer. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bothy_Loon

Hi Dang
It is good to be back!
I have had the big D.
It probably started in April 2004 when a young fellow I was tying to help after his folks turned their backs on him took his own life. I have never really got over that.
Then in January 2005 we had the shock of being told my dear wife had only 6months to live if she did not have a major cancer op. She is still with me but is now very frail some days .
January 2006 saw the death of a friends 5 month old baby. This because it was a child really got to me.
In the mean time I was trying to look after the installation of a new mill & everything just seemed to be going wrong. Mill is now running when it aint broke so still lots of hassle. That in a nutshell is where I have been

Bothy Loon

asy

Wow Bothy,

Sounds like you've had a really rough time.

I hope your wife is Ok.

asy :D

DanG

Holy smokes, Bothy!  Things have been worse than bad in your camp lately.  One thing you can count on, though; In the 3 hours or so since you posted that, a number of members have you and your wife on their prayer list. 

Sometimes life can deal us a hand that seems insurmountable, but if you keep faith in yourself, you can overcome almost any challenge.  I've only seen a small glimpse of your life, but I can tell that you're not a man to be squashed easily.  You've given yourself a little break to reflect on things, and more of that may be required, but you will bounce back better than ever.  The best is yet to come. ;) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bothy_Loon

Thanks for the support fellow wood nuts. makes me wish I had said something sooner but I am one of those "dig in & get on with it sorts" Could have told you a lot more but the rest is just too bad to talk about.
My wife goes in for a scan & check up on Monday & if all OK at the end of the week we are going away for 2 weeks break. Just relaxing & looking at trees. Told you I was getting back into it.
Bothy Loon

iain

Does she now about the looking at trees part of the break? ;)

iain

Bothy_Loon

Och Aye she kens we will be looking at trees. Nothing new there for her. I used to use her as a movable "marker" when I was marking out thinnings. She did not complain ( much ) as long as it was not in Sitka spruce.
We used to go for a drive on a Sunday & I always seemed to land in a wood where the skidder was then it was a case of getting her trained up to put on the choker chains.
I was quite generous though as on the way home I would buy her fish n chips. Poor lassie canna eat that any more.

Bothy Loon

Thank You Sponsors!