Main Menu

Sponsors:

Poll: Penny

Started by Ron Wenrich, August 14, 2006, 05:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

Total national income for 2003 was about $9.7 trillion  with personal income accounting for $9.2 trillion.  National budget for 2004 was $2.4 trillion.  I don't think 10% will cover it.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

tcsmpsi

My 2 cents, while I still have it  ;), is a bit radical by today's standards.

Most have forgotten, conveniently, the nature of this nation.  What its founding fathers intended, and the basis of that intent.  This nation was never designed to work on tax.  From the first tax, comes corruption, and the rest, always becomes history.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

SwampDonkey

Yeah, I think taxation was one of the reasons you guys cut England loose wasn't it?
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Frickman

I voted keep the penny. Last week when I opened my door at the filling station lo and behold there were a handful of pennies on the ground right beside the pump. Can you imagine that? Folks are griping about the price of gas and then they throw money away. They really didn't throw it away, they just helped me pay for my gas.  :) :)
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Don_Papenburg

Been there , That would require more bookwork on my part as my buisiness is my personal income . 

Ron ,  It is time for the federal government to curtail spending  . Starting at the top , all elected office holders will hence forth will not receive a pension from the taxpayers,all healthcare will come from their pockets .  No longer shall the taxpayer fork over money for trips out of contry.   That should be a start to cutin the budget so it will fit the income of the people.

Swampy , you are correct , and it was over less taxes than we have now . Talk of wasted boodshed, and disrespect for you forefathers sacrafice.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Jodi

I like pennies.. It'd be pretty weird if they weren't around anymore. I guess they gotta do what they gotta do though.