Patty

cut_tree cut_tree    Our tree is beautiful, all 12 feet of it!  ;D ;D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

OneWithWood

We always have a real live tree.  My sweet wife adopts trees from folks who move and can't take their tree with them.  Currently we have a 10' coffee tree, two 12' norfolk pines, a holly, a couple Joshua Trees (not very big) and a miriad bunch of assorted cacti.  She puts some stuffed birds she picked up from somewhere in the trees and hangs a couple family heirloom trinkets in them.  I think one of the trees, the coffee, has stuff in it all year round.  It looks real pretty when the beans come out all nice and red.  She won't let me roast and grind them  :-\
Now I understand why she wanted those twelve foot ceilings.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Bill Johnson

We have a real tree inside and out.  The outdoor one is already lit up while we won't be bringing the other one in until this weekend.

I would have much preferred a nice balsam fir this year but we ended up with a white spruce off the highway right-of-way under the power lines, its a good choice as it would of most likely been cut next time they cleared the right-of-ways back.

Bill

Tom

I've often wondered why we don't use potted palms for Christmas Trees down here. :-\ :)

Faron

We have a tradition here.  Thanksgiving morning we load up the kids and grandkids and go to Crystal, IN and get Christmas trees.  When we went the first time, we went with our two daughters, and maybe one of the boyfriends.  Now it is the girls and husbands and at last count 8 grandkids.  I think the tree farm folks now take bets on how many kids are going to crawl out of our vehicles now. :D  I have always argued Thanksgiving Day is too early for tree cutting, but what do I know?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

LeeB

We always by a living tree and I'm supposed to plant it after Christmas. Over the years I managed to get about three in the ground and only one did well. Drought got one and the other, well it didn't do to good. I won't know what Lindy has this year till I get home. One thing I don't understand is why everyone does Christmas on the 25th. I know it ain't till I get there on the 28th. LeeB :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Patty

You guys inspired me. fly_smiley    So I put up a second tree (another real one) last night out on the patio. I am going to have to weight it down with concrete blocks to keep the wind frm knocking it over today. I bought it from the grocery store, cut_tree    I felt so sorry for it just lying there...now it is happy and standing up proudly!
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

moosehunter

We have a real tree on the front porch. No room inside for it.

What I find really enjoyable is going to the in-law's tree farm and watching family's with young children cut thier own tree :) It just makes me smile :)

(also I get to eat cookies with my fil)
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Bro. Noble

Does anyone else make 'gumdrop' trees? 8) 8)

Tom,  you and the mutt could partake of that rum and then put some leaves on your heads and become 'potted palms'  ;D ;D   Gael and her mother would probably enjoy decorating you :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

Noble, I never have but I can picture one in my mind. do you use toothpicks?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don_Papenburg

I remember a gumdrop tree or two from my childhood , but they did not go over well as I have not seen one in ye__ no decades.

I have a fake tree , more  like a bottle brush on seroids.  When we move into the new house that will be the end of fake trees. I plan on planting a plot of trees just for Christmas.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Tom

We had a gumdrop tree in our house that was about 16 inches tall.  It went over real well.  Charlie and I kept it cleaned off pretty regularly.

Who in their right mind puts gumdrops within reach of a young boy and says, "Don't you boys eat all the gumdrops, now".

OH, Yeah!    Charlie did it, Momma.  ;D

Bro. Noble

Quote from: Jeff B on December 14, 2006, 05:40:21 PM
Noble, I never have but I can picture one in my mind. do you use toothpicks?

I guess you could,  but if you eat them while they are still fairly fresh,  you can just suck your teeth ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Patty

:D :D :D    Geez Noble, at you age I figured you were just gummin' them.   ;D ;D   
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

DR Buck

Artificial for  over  20 years.   Looked like a real one without the pine needles falling off.  Man I hated to put the light strings on the tree.   Replaced it last year with a new one that includes pre installed lights. 8)   
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Coon

Will only be putting up an artificial one because of allergies in the household.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Talk about gum balls...ermmm..I'll leave that one alone.  ;D

I don't have a tree here, but my cousin grows acres of'em as his main income. He must have close to 70 acres planted and expanding to another 50. He's been fixing up the field and putting in access roads. Probably ready for planting this spring.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

PineNut

Those preinstalled lights don't work well for me. The cat cut the wire in a couple of places and it is too difficult to find all of the correct ends. So it was easier to install another string of lights.

Raphael

I generally prefer a real tree, but when SWMBO gets decorating anything goes and we often have both...
  This year we're pretty much ignoring Christmas as we're still in Dad's house, and everything is packed away ready to be moved.  I'm also working at the hospital the 23rd-25th so my White Christmas comes from wearing a lab coat.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Mooseherder

This is Baci, a Black Masked Love Bird by his own little Christmas Tree.
He belongs to some friends. It was hilarious to see him bee-bopping his head in that sweater.

Paschale

Man...22% of us don't have a tree at all....

Must be all of us bachelors... ::)   ;)

I got a tree with my gf last year--fun thing to do as a date, but it's the only time I've gotten one since I moved into my house.  I think whether or not I have a Christmas tree is directly related to whether or not I have a woman in my life at the time.   :D  What's the point otherwise?   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

thurlow

Quote from: Paschale on December 19, 2006, 09:52:07 AM
related to whether or not I have a woman in my life at the time.  ;D

Today's only the 19th;  still got 6 days to find a girlfriend. 8) 8) AND a Christmas tree. ;D ;D
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

beenthere

Ya can lead a horse to water but...................... ::) ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Paschale,where will Santa leave your presents????When I was alone,my niece came over to see me and asked me where was Santa going to leave my presents.What can you tell a 4 year old?Santa would leave them at Grammie's house.Mom to the rescue again.She was happy with that answer.We have a fake one now.Wife likes it up the first day of Dec.When you go looking for a tree with her,you will be there for a couple hours.Looks over bunches of trees and when we get it home it still is not good enough.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

hobbySawyer

My parents have a 20 acre christmas tree farm that I help with the planting and trimming and this year we put up a fake tree. But only because of the puppy. Hopefully by next year there will be a real one in the living room.
Jeff w