iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Standing in the need of Prayer

Started by Bro. Noble, October 19, 2004, 11:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

Looks like you and the family have perspective.  God bless you all.  comfort and peace.  Doc.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

mike_belben

Hang in there JJ. Make all the time you can.
Praise The Lord

samandothers

These memories will sure bring smiles during your life.  I hope y'all make more good memories.  Prayers for you both. 

Magicman

My Prayer is simply for Peace and Comfort as he makes his final journey with you and the rest of his family at his side.  Cherish the memories.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

He will always be fresh in your mind JJ. Tomorrow July 3rd is my Dad's birthday.  He has been goon 25 years but is still fresh in my mind that seems to forget everything else. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

It's sad to see such a good life come to an end.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

You can rest assured that the man in that picture will want you to remember how he lived and not how he died. What a comfort it is to know that you already know that. 

You're going to make him proud and may God bless you. 
Say when

JJ

Things have taken turn for worse, and now in need prayers.
My dad's wife Cynthia has been in bad car accident, during tropical storm Elsa on Friday she was T-boned turning left into her driveway by 4 teenage kids driving too fast for conditions, no headlights during downpour, and never touched breaks coming around curve.

She at 72 now has broken bones in left arm and right collapsed lung and is in hospital until lung inflates so they can do surgery to set the bones.

I am here with my dad on watch, as he is bedridden but quite alert but body is failing :(.
My prayer is that they can be together again before he passes as hospital is too far for him, in distance and spirit (at this point).

His neighbors (one mowed lawn today) and church have been helpful and Choir (she sings there) sang a song for her over phone, but it is not any way.. what we expected...

I just hope she can recover enough to come home so they can be together again.

JJ

doc henderson

may God bless and hold your family in his loving arms!  Reminding us all what is important.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mike_belben

Will add them both to the list.  My greatest hope is that they both know the savior.   

I am glad youre involved.  Many children cant be bothered with mom and dad in their twilight.
Praise The Lord

samandothers

Prayers for your dad's strength and healing for his wife!. 

JJ

Thank you for all the kind words, thoughts, and prayers.
My dad is hanging in there, but may not have a lot of time left.
Still all there mentally, sharp..  gives me phone numbers of who to call and what he wants +details on where to find from memory.  but bed ridden in electric lazyboy recliner as he hates the hospital bed they installed in his home.

Cynthia, his wife who has lied to me about her age since 1992 (she is 79), is getting better and surgery to set her broken bones is tomorrow morning.   We are praying she will be home by Thursday.   I am here with my dad and we have reconnected in several ways I had not expected.   My brother will be here to take over later this week, and dad, he has 2 of his bothers coming this weekend..   One is a retired lawyer and the other a retired thoracic surgeon, while my dad was an accountant.. been trying to think of a joke where the three of them walk into a bar. :-\

JJ

samandothers

Good to hear the time has helped with reconnecting.  Glad the brothers are heading in.  All this I hope have lifted his spirits.    
Sounds encouraging about the wife's recovery too. 

Bradm

Quote from: JJ on July 12, 2021, 08:08:23 PM
One is a retired lawyer and the other a retired thoracic surgeon, while my dad was an accountant.. been trying to think of a joke where the three of them walk into a bar. :-\

JJ
Since your dad is house bound, it may be better to bring the bar home. lol

Okrafarmer

Quote from: JJ on July 12, 2021, 08:08:23 PM
Thank you for all the kind words, thoughts, and prayers.
My dad is hanging in there, but may not have a lot of time left.
Still all there mentally, sharp..  gives me phone numbers of who to call and what he wants +details on where to find from memory.  but bed ridden in electric lazyboy recliner as he hates the hospital bed they installed in his home.

Cynthia, his wife who has lied to me about her age since 1992 (she is 79), is getting better and surgery to set her broken bones is tomorrow morning.   We are praying she will be home by Thursday.   I am here with my dad and we have reconnected in several ways I had not expected.   My brother will be here to take over later this week, and dad, he has 2 of his bothers coming this weekend..   One is a retired lawyer and the other a retired thoracic surgeon, while my dad was an accountant.. been trying to think of a joke where the three of them walk into a bar. :-\

JJ
Praying for your family right now.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

JJ

Hi,
I am very grateful for all the kind thoughts and prayers along with mine and our family's, with considerable difficulties my dad is still with us, much to the surprise of the caring hospice staff helping us.  

His wife was able to come home from hospital on Friday and is by his side, and 2 of his brothers were able to visit and spend some time and final moments with him.   It was Cynthia's and Ray's 28'th anniversary on Sunday.
Sadly he is beyond talking but does listen (semi-alert) and responds with yes and no to our 20 questions about his needs.  He is still in his electric lazy boy and was able to speak out a 'Hell No!' when the hospice nurse suggested we get him out of the chair and into the hospital bed they brought here.   He hates hospitals, especially the beds which is understandable after over a year of cancer treatment during covid19.

There is somewhat a joke that came out of his brothers visit..
He had these catheters in his back (forget what their called), that caused him much discomfort and were put there for a kidney infection he had just before going into hospice care.   They became quite a problem for him, but the hospice nurses were having difficulty getting the Urologist to visit him to remove them, he (the Urologist) wanted to do this in the hospital and not in my dad's home, and once dad entered hospice he was no longer his patient.
I tell the hospice nurse to be sure to tell his urologist that his 2 brothers were visiting him this weekend, and one was a Lawyer and the other a Surgeon, and they would be quite upset to see him in his discomfort, and even more upset if he didn't survive until they were able to get here.   The Urologist was here that evening to remove the catheters ;D.

JJ

Roxie

I am so sorry you had to threaten them to respond to your dad's discomfort but super proud of you for standing up for him. 

The "hell no" means he is still himself and explains where you get your moxie. 

Thinking of you all. 
Say when

Sixacresand

Praying for you, JJ, your family and for your Dad's relief from pain.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

JJ

My Dad finally found comfort early July 21, still in his lazy boy with family at his side and his fiercely loyal American Bulldog at his feet.

Having flown only once in an airplane as senior in high school, my Dad decided he wanted to be a pilot. He went on to be a Navy Aviator as a Lieutenant flying helicopters from aircraft carriers, chasing Russian submarines during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and volunteering for the Vietnam War.

As a veteran, he was always deeply troubled whenever disrespect was shown to the flag of the United States.

Rest in Peace my Dad and Best Friend.   May the sky always be clear and fish always be biting.
In writing his obit, I realized he and we are truly blessed as at 80 he was only predeceased by his parents.

JJ

doc henderson

May you all find peace now.  God Speed!

Ron Scott

~Ron

samandothers

Peace be with you and your dad.  Enjoy the memories of a wonderful fella! 

Roxie

What a good picture!  

You have my sincere sympathy for your loss. 
Say when

Nebraska

There aren't  nearly enough examples of love and honor like your father in this world . Glad he has found peace, prayers for his loved ones left  behind.  

Thank You Sponsors!