Owner's Area

Started by HSV, December 02, 2007, 02:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSV

Peterson Portable Sawmills are proud to present the new improved Owner's Only Area of our website!   8)

Within the Owner's Only Area, you will find downloadable manuals (including re-tipping jig), blade specs, recommended sawdoctors, troubleshooting and general milling tips, and an Owner's Discussion Forum.

All information and the general appearance has recently been upgraded and is very user friendly.

There are even chances for you to win free stuff  ;D

If you own a Peterson Portable Sawmill (secondhand or factory purchases) and don't already belong to the Owner's Only Area, or if you have forgotten your password, email Emma ealdridge@petersonsawmills.com today and she will get you up and running.

Robt

I am puzzled as to why the forum at Peterson sawmills is closed for viewing by non owners.I gain valuable information from a number of sawmill manufacturers forums.I am considering a sawmill purchase in the near future.The skillmill is on my short list.There is not a lot of good information out there from skillmill owners.I don't want to buy without knowing everything possible about a product.It can be an expensive mistake.If you permitted viewing access only but not posting maybe that would be a good compromise.Peterson Portable Sawmills has a very good reputation so I'm sure that the skillmill is of good quality.I just need to make sure it's the right product for my needs.
                                                                                                                                       Thank you,
                                                                                                                                                Rob

HSV

Hi there Rob,

Thanks for your interest.

The Peterson Owners Discussion forum was a request by some of our mill owners, they wanted it to be for owners only, so that's how we made it.  The Peterson Owners forum has so far only had interest from Peterson's high production mill owners, therefore we currently have no Skillmill owners signed to the forum.

What we normally ask from those who are interested in our products, is that they contact us, let us know where they live, and we will search our database for owners of specific mills that live in your area.  That way, we can put you directly in touch with someone you can speak with, or perhaps see a demo from.

If you would like to send me an email to lrobinson@petersonsawmills.com with your contact details including address and state, I will be happy to search our database for a Skillmill owner in your area who is happy to speak with interested people.  That will be the best way to figure out whether the Skillmill will suit your needs.

Cheers,
Layla

Part_Timer

Rob
If your anywhere close to IN I have the Peterson demo skillmill setting in the
garage that we could put together and try out.  They sent it here last fall and I've not even opened it.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

beenthere

Part_Timer
Why did they send that mill to you?   ::) ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

Send it up to me Part Timer, I'll play with it for a while! :)

Robt

Thanks for the offer part timer but I live in British Columbia,Canada.Would be a long road trip.
                                                                                                             Rob

Part_Timer

Beenthere,

Even though I don't work for Petersons anymore I still do favors for them when I can.  I have all their show stuff collecting dust in the barn. ;)

Rob, that sure would be a long trip just to play with a skillmill, but it would be fun.

Furby, sorry but it's not mine to send.  My guess is that you have to take HSV and Robert to dinner to get a mill stored at your place.  That's what it took Katie and I. ;) :) :)
Peterson 8" ATS.

Furby

You'll be gone for a bit, maybe all I need is to take Katie to dinner while the Skill Mill grows legs. ;)

Part_Timer

Peterson 8" ATS.

HSV

Hey all,

Due to popular demand (including your post, thanks RobT), what was the Peterson Owner's Only Discussion forum is now open for public access!

We have kept one of the forums closed to Owner's Only as per request, but the rest of the forums are open to anyone to view.

Use our discussion forum to ask questions about our mills, setups, output, and more.

Visit our website www.petersonsawmills.com and click the 'Join our Forum' button on the left bar of our homepage to gain access to the forum.

We hope you enjoy it and that it proves to be another helpful resource when considering your sawmill purchase.

P.S - sorry, our forum is no where near as upmarket as our favorite Forestry Forum.  We don't have as many smilies, and our administrators aren't as good looking  ;D

Robt

Thank you for opening the owner's forum for public access.It's great that you are a company that listens and responds.Thats very good business.If my plans work out I hope to be able to participate as an owner.

HSV

No problem Robt.  :)

Feel free to use the forum to ask other owners about their experiences with our mills, every section except the owners one is open for public posting.

;D