Sponsors:

What is our average age?

Started by Jeff, January 13, 2008, 05:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian_Rhoad

What is our average age?

I tried to figure my average age and kept getting 1 !?

I took my age and divided it by the number of birthdays I've had and keep getting the same answer.   ???

sparky

I am much more experienced than the average age of the survey responders. I am not one to boast, but I happen to have the energy of someone twice my age!
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

maple flats

And I think I am doing quite well, there are only 21 who voted in age groups higher than me and I can still get out of bed in the morning under my own power, just not as fast as I did 40 yrs ago. 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

GlennPagano

Well the curve looks right b(normal statistic curve) largest percentage in the middle and you have the few minoritys on the outside.

Ron Scott

Welcome to a minority end. ;)
~Ron

DR Buck

Why does the poll link say "remove vote"  ?   How do you vote?    Not that I care, as I'm "over the hump"  ;D 
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

thecfarm

I think you missed it.Most polls are only going for so long.This one was started back In Jan.Maybe Jeff will get it going again.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sparky

I am 62. I feel like I am still 42. I do, however, have the energy of someone twice my age!

Sparky
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

Jeff

If it says remove vote, it means you already voted. If you don't remember voting, then it means you are probably old. ;)   You can remove your vote, then vote again if you think you were wrong the first time.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

crtreedude

Quote from: Jeff on July 26, 2008, 03:32:35 PM
If it says remove vote, it means you already voted. If you don't remember voting, then it means you are probably old. ;)   You can remove your vote, then vote again if you think you were wrong the first time.

But if you can't remember voting, how do you know your voted wrong the first time... ?  ;)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

DanG

I thought you were supposed to remove your vote when you die, just to keep the thing current. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Toolman

I'm kinda proud that my age bracket is majority
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

RavioliKid

Hey, what do you know?! I'm in the largest cohort! 8)

It's nice to have company!
RavioliKid

Meadows Miller

Gday

Like Dad says the Older I Get The Yonger He Is (on average age that is) :D :D :D
Its Funny when ppl think Im Him OR He's Me  :D :D or the ???  at work are You two Brothers smiley_argue01 what would make them think that ???  ;) :D :D
He's 47 and Im 27

Chris McMahon
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Cedarman

When you have a birthday you might change brackets like I just did.  So remove vote and add it back in the next one down.  Depressing, maybe, but it beats the alternative if you don't have more birthdays.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Chuck White

I'm almost ready for another birthday (Jan), at that time, I'll hit 60 and just keep on sawing.

I think this sawin' thing keeps ya goin'!  ;)

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

york

hi all,

just voted-am 70 today-am ok....Bert
Albert

Tom

JimMoore

Meadows Miller

Gday York and Happy Birthday Mate  ;D 8)

Reguards Chris McMahon
4TH Generation Timbergetter

LeeB

Hey Jeff, any chance on setting up a recount on this to compare today with this old poll?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Hotrod RLC

i have been knocked down . steped on .. filed bank rupcy / over 10 major surgeries . all joints but one made up with titanium and plastic . belittled , made fun of . cant type /spell worse .but one thing i am proud of going on 84 and thanks to god i am still kicking