iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Definitely On My Christmas Card List

Started by Norm, December 09, 2008, 04:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

We had a nasty storm blow through yesterday. It started out as freezing drizzle and then turned into freezing rain. I was out deer hunting but came in because it started getting so miserable out (that and I blew an easy shot). By nightfall the wind was picking up to the 30 mph range and the freezing rain was picking up. I went to bed and woke up at around 11:00 to the power going out. I got up to see if the whole area was out or if I needed to call it in. Took me some time to find a window that I could see out of as they were all iced over. Sure enough the entire neighborhood was blacked out and the wind had really picked up. I thought well we won't have any power and was sure glad I'd plugged in the emergency generator battery so it would start in the morning when I got up. Back to bed to be awakened by the alarm clock flashing 12:00. Power had only been out for an hour or so. I told Patty when I got up in the morning that those guys were definitely on my Christmas card list.

I know we have a few folks on here that are or were lineman. Thank you. :)

Jeff

Thanks for that storm Norm. :-\  ;)  :D

I'll post a couple photos of my trying to dig out the backdoor and to the bio-mizer.  We have 17" here at the house and its still coming.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Just think!  only 9 more days UNTIL winter. :)    Thanks to the line guys from here to cause they must have done their work this summer because we only lost cable tv, but not power so far.

Warbird

Wow!  That is an amazing amount of snow.  I love the snow.  We don't get nearly enough of it in the Interior of Alaska.  Y'all can ship it up here if it gets to be too much.  :)

Radar67

How did the sawdust drying cover hold up under the snow Jeff?
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

I'll go take a photo before it gets too dark...

Jeff

The only way I have to move snow is via shovel. I got an idea I'm goona get a lot sorer by morning then I already am after 6 hours of shoveling. :D

I went out a couple times last night and a few times today to keep the snow poked off the roof.

There was a tandom axle trailer under those super sacks after Wally and I parked it and before the storm started.

Looking back at the house from thesawdust tent

Looking out the front door

In the driveway looking back at the house.

isawlogs

I know I will paye dearly for this later , but , I would have to look real hard to find an inche of snow . Normally at this time I would have over a foot , Ya can still see the grass shoots if they are over three inches .  :-\

That is a lot of shovelling , sure hope you can get a massage for your shoulder this evening .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Warbird

I have a canopy just like that over my firewood stacks, Jeff.  I try not to let more than ~3" of snow build up before I knock it off.  A buddy of mine didn't keep the snow off his and it collapsed.

If ya lived a little closer, I'd let you borrow the plow truck!

Slabs

Hey Boss

I see you have a Star Wars trooper in the shrubbery.  Too bad he'll melt or you could pose him with Vincent.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Howdy

I work with the local power company and when our seven hours of winter hits, the linemen are sure welcome everywhere they go.  Why, people even call and invite us to send them on over just to say "Howdy"!

Last year we must have had at least 20 or 30 flakes of heavy snow at least.

Thank You Sponsors!