iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chippokes Gas and Steam engine show this weekend...

Started by zopi, May 30, 2009, 10:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

In Surry Va..

We went and watched the tractor pulls for a few minutes..I sold my old Oliver Super 55 there last year..

anyhow, they have a working circle mill (sorry, I didn't get the model...) to watch run...it's a pretty nice setup,
dead deck intake and a small green chain on the way out...with an edger in the works...they had some nice
cedar lined up..I told them I was very concerned for their health...cutting cedar is very hazardous to your health, so I very generously offered to take those nasty old cedars out of there for them....

Somehow they didn't think so...  :D

I made it through the antique tool guys and only bought one thing..(THAT sucked.) Picked up a Dixie hookapickaroon...never can remember which is which...just know what they do...for four bucks, can't beat that..a little linseed oil on the handle and it'll be almost new.

Still smiling about that...

Met a friend of Roy Underhill...might get to sell him some oak if I pick up a bit of fairly straight grain..he was tickled to know there was another mill in the area..

and saw a whole bunch of stuff in the museum that would be much better off in my workshop... ;D

too bad the historians don't know the difference between a tinsmith and a blacksmith...they had those tools all messed up...blowhorn stake in the hardy hole of an anvil where it was never meant to go...same with a set of
tinners domes...

the Chippokes farm garden is in better shape than mine...garden envy...oh well...my tomatoes look better at least..

If any of you guys get the opportunity to go tomorrow, it's a pretty good show.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!