iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Carpenter Bees

Started by splitter, June 12, 2009, 09:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

splitter

Have a problem with carpenter bees, there eating my barn. Have sprayed for the last two years but they still keep coming back. Anyone have any answers as to how I can get ride of them for good? Thanks Splitter

den

Homelite SuperXL, 360, Super2, Stihl MS251CB-E, Sotz M-20 20lb. Monster Maul, Wallenstein BXM-42

cheyenne

Call the union they always need carpenters.... ;D ;D ;D...Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

Handy Andy

I'd like to make some bee traps for my own use, trying to figure out what the thread would be on a pop bottle.  Compared to 3/4" pipe, but doesn't quite fit.  Does anyone know what you could use for a coupling?
My name's Jim, I like wood.

breederman

I thought it looked like he used a piece of heater hose or something and slid/screwed them together.
Together we got this !

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: breederman on June 20, 2009, 07:23:11 AM
I thought it looked like he used a piece of heater hose or something and slid/screwed them together.

Could just use two bottle caps, take out the tope of each, leaving just the sides with threads, tape togeather with duck tape... (Every good project can always use some duck tape...)

Herb

GF

Looked like some heat shrink of some type.

GF

beenthere

Handy Andy

Much like breederman said.

Looks like 1" id soft hose would take the threaded male end of the two plastic bottles and hold them together.
I tried it with some rubber hose that is 1"id and the bottles thread right on (strong enough to hold them). Could prolly add hose clamps if worried they would come loose. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!