iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Special Thanks!

Started by customsawyer, December 25, 2009, 09:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I would like to extend a special thank you to all of the service members past and present that have given for the saftey of others and to the families that lose the sleep wondering how they are doing. As a veteran myself I never gave much thought to what my family was going through while I was serving but now that I have my two grown sons proudly serving in the United States Air Force, I have a much deeper appreciation for what the home front goes through, something that can only be understood if you have a loved one serving, regardless of what nation they are serving for.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Thanks for a very special reminder.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

motohed

Quote from: customsawyer on December 25, 2009, 09:56:29 AM
I would like to extend a special thank you to all of the service members past and present that have given for the saftey of others and to the families that lose the sleep wondering how they are doing. As a veteran myself I never gave much thought to what my family was going through while I was serving but now that I have my two grown sons proudly serving in the United States Air Force, I have a much deeper appreciation for what the home front goes through, something that can only be understood if you have a loved one serving, regardless of what nation they are serving for.
That is a wonderful to thank  the military , Prayers for their safety and health . Please give them a safe return home .
                        Scott

Chuck White

Thanks CustomSawyer!

I put in 20, in the Air Force myself, I've been going through what you just mentioned.
I have a son in the Army, now serving in Kuwait.  It's his 5th tour of duty to the Persian Gulf region!
He will have his 20 in this coming summer and will be retiring about this time next winter.
I also have a son in the Air Force, now serving in New Mexico.  He's been to the Persian Gulf twice!
He'll be retiring about this time next year also!

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Warbird

I posted this a year or two ago in a Veteran's Day thread.  Your post reminded
me of it, so I post it here again.  Merry Christmas everyone.

Thank you veterans.  We love you and will not forget!  Here is a Christmas
poem I like to share around this time of the year.  Originally, I found it at
Chuck Norris' web site but it looks like he's moved it:

A Christmas Poem:

The embers glowed softly, and in their dim light,
I gazed round the room and I cherished the sight.
My wife was asleep, her head on my chest,
My daughter beside me, angelic in rest.
Outside the snow fell, a blanket of white,
Transforming the yard to a winter delight.
The sparkling lights in the tree I believe,
Completed the magic that was Christmas Eve.
My eyelids were heavy, my breathing was deep,
Secure and surrounded by love I would sleep.
In perfect contentment, or so it would seem,
So I slumbered, perhaps I started to dream.

The sound wasn't loud, and it wasn't too near,
But I opened my eyes when it tickled my ear.
Perhaps just a cough, I didn't quite know,
Then the sure sound of footsteps outside in the snow.
My soul gave a tremble, I struggled to hear,
And I crept to the door just to see who was near.
Standing out in the cold and the dark of the night,
A lone figure stood, his face weary and tight.

A soldier, I puzzled, some twenty years old,
Perhaps a Marine, huddled here in the cold.
Alone in the dark, he looked up and smiled,
Standing watch over me, and my wife and my child.
"What are you doing?" I asked without fear,
"Come in this moment, it's freezing out here!
Put down your pack, brush the snow from your sleeve,
You should be at home on a cold Christmas Eve!"

For barely a moment I saw his eyes shift,
Away from the cold and the snow blown in drifts..
To the window that danced with a warm fire's light,
Then he sighed and he said "Its really all right,
I'm out here by choice. I'm here every night."
"It's my duty to stand at the front of the line,
That separates you from the darkest of times.
No one had to ask or beg or implore me,
I'm proud to stand here like my fathers before me.
My Gramps died at ' Pearl on a day in December,"
Then he sighed, "That's a Christmas 'Gram always remembers."
My dad stood his watch in the jungles of 'Nam',
And now it is my turn and so, here I am.
I've not seen my own son in more than a while,
But my wife sends me pictures, he's sure got her smile.

Then he bent and he carefully pulled from his bag,
The red, white, and blue... an American flag.
I can live through the cold and the being alone,
Away from my family, my house and my home.
I can stand at my post through the rain and the sleet,
I can sleep in a foxhole with little to eat.
I can carry the weight of killing another,
Or lay down my life with my sister and brother..
Who stand at the front against any and all,
To ensure for all time that this flag will not fall."

"So go back inside," he said, "harbor no fright,
Your family is waiting and I'll be all right."
"But isn't there something I can do, at the least,
"Give you money," I asked, "or prepare you a feast?
It seems all too little for all that you've done,
For being away from your wife and your son."
Then his eye welled a tear that held no regret,
"Just tell us you love us, and never forget.
To fight for our rights back at home while we're gone,
To stand your own watch, no matter how long.
For when we come home, either standing or dead,
To know you remember we fought and we bled.
Is payment enough, and with that we will trust,
That we mattered to you as you mattered to us."

H60 Hawk Pilot

Special Thanks and More Special Thanks to our Vet's (at home or overseas).

The best thing we can do is vote nearly all our US Congress (throw ther bums out) out of office.

We need more Tea Party's and Standing United People to Elect Folks from our State Govt. to US Govt.

Raise our Own from Home Town's.. are Best and Brightess to take our Govt. back from the Greedy World Order that is .. the Real Deal in Govt. .

I don't want to take away from this Fine Topic to honor our Vet's but need to enter my two cents (below).

War is big business and I greave ... to see all our fine folk's at risk and lose their life and health. I can speak well on this subject and have over 24 years active and 30 years of combined service (since 1969). I flew helicopters in Vietnam, nothing has changed regarding the war business.. blood drips from the money spent for it !

I have been in the bad (sneaky) guy's business since 1984. The news nor the govt. will not tell you that the Muslin's are committed to kill all other faith's. They raise their children to this belief from 6 or 7 years old and up. Most of you will think that I'm too extreme and saying something that's not correct.  I am a former member of the Task Force 160th (black hawk down unit) and part of my training was all about the bad guys,  how they think and what they will do to win. They are driven and committed to die and have their children die to accomplish their goal. Did I mention that they have been doing this for thousand's of years and getting stronger and taking over more and more country's every year (taking more control).

The American soldier in the field is better trained  and is making the difference in Iraq and other country's too. However, where will we be in 10 to 20 years from now. The U S  will lose heart and politics will change and war and the continued expense will be un-popular.  The U S will be in a recession or worst and some fancy talking pres. canidate will be ...  anti war and we will vote for him.  However, blink your eye's and we will be in the war business somehwere else... war is big business (going full circle).

Closing on the Best Note.

I Salute You (our Vet's) and You're the Best.  Come Home to Us... I  (we)  Pray for your Safety and Deliverence from the Evil in this World.

From the Heart,

Avery Baker
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

zopi

Thanks all.
There are several hundred thousand service members abroad tonight...They stand the Watch so that we may be at home, safe with families and friends...

Thanks, Brothers and Sisters! Merry Christmas, and come home soon!

Avery.....Amen. The greatest gift that Americans could give would be to vote the career
criminalticians out of office...All of them! Give someone else a chance and put term limits on every single elected office in the country!
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

H60 Hawk Pilot

Yes Sir:

Zopi .... Amen... You Got it Right ! ! !

Throw All the Bums Out ! ! !

Vet's the Best Gift We Can Give is Support You and Take our Country Back ! ! ! ! !

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Thank You Sponsors!