iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mid-West Forest Industry Show

Started by Bibbyman, September 18, 2001, 06:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

I'm planning to attend the Mid-West Forest Industry Show in St. Charles Missouri this coming Saturday - September 22.

I'd like to meet anybody that has contributed to this Forum. ;D  

You can spot me by looking for a man that looks just like Tom Selleck.  :o  Well,  except I'm about 6" shorter - mostly in the inseam but probably about the same weight.  And,  I don't have lots of wavy black hair,  my hair (what's left) is redish-brown with gray.  And substitute the strong chin and dimples for a double chin covered with gray whiskers.  Where he has to wear tailor made cloths,  I'll be wearing Carhartt bibbies.  Instead of a cowboy hat,  I'll be wearing a Wood-Mizer ball cap. ::)

Tell you what.  How about just meeting me at the Wood-Mizer booth?  ;D  I'll probably spend a lot of time there.  Most of the Wood-Mizer team knows me or at least can point me out. ;)

(Anyhoo, I'am younger than Tom Selleck.  ::))
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Hey Bibbyman, you should of drove up to the Great Lakes logging congress. There were 1015 displays! Woodmizer had a big one along with the blue guys and several others.  

Being a sawyer all my life you would not think that those little bitty mills would be not very interesting, but dang, when I get old like you and Tom, I think I'll get me one!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

Is Bibbyman as old at Tom? :o :o  That's hard to believe that anyone could be that old........ :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bibbyman

Hay Jeff B,  Did you get to see the new Wood-Mizer LT300 mill there at the Great Lakes Logging Conference?  :o  

I saw it last February up in Indianapolis at Wood-Mizer headquarters.  10,000 BF of grade in an 8-hour shift, they say.  And all you got to do is set there and wiggle your fingers and twist your hands.  It's even available with an air-condition booth.   ::)

You could feel right at home!  ;D
Sawing since '94

CHARLIE

Bibbyman, if you order one with a booth, and while waiting on delivery, you should go into the bathroom, put the seat down on the toilet, sit down and swing your arms and tap your feet for about 9 hours. Then when the Woodmizer is delivered, you'll be ready for it. Be sure to take a watch with you though so you'll know when the 9 hours is up. It's FUN!! 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D  Oh, by the way.....this is Jeff's suggestion. I'm not sure but, I think he practices during the weekends like this so he won't forget what to do when Monday rolls around.  ;D ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

Here is the timeline in pictures for toilet training a sawyer. (That did not come out quite right, I mean that did not sound right)

First half of day:

Last half:

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Well,  I'm back from the Mid-West Forest Industry show.  8) Although I visited with a lot of old friends and made a few new one,  no one from the Forestry Form came up to say hi.::)

Lots of neat stuff to see - especially if you like to make,  take apart, or grind pallets.;D  Looks like the whole wood industry revolves around making pallets.  About the same companies and attendance as the previous shows but there was about twice the room as before.  ::)

The Wood-Mizer LT300 always drew a big crowd when it was up and running.   ;)

For more pictures I took at the show,  try this link.

http://www.cartogra.com/home/ViewMyAlbum.asp?coll_id=1050860
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!