iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Exciting day

Started by Sixacresand, October 17, 2013, 07:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

With Nancy's blessings, I ordered/bought a Woodmizer LT-40 hydraulic, 29HP sawmill today at the Sunbelt Ag Expo. Hopefully less straining on logs. Can't wait till I pick it up in November.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

thecfarm

Does that replace your LT10? That is quite the step up.  :o  Good for you!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

manoverboard

Awesome! Congratulations!!! 8) 8) 8)
TimberKing 2000, 35hp Diesel, Kubota L3800 w/loader

Dave Shepard

Wow! Very nice.  8) I guess you found milling to be fun. ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Sixacresand on October 17, 2013, 07:52:16 PM
...... Hopefully less straining on logs.

Less straining on your back!  :D  Did you get the KOHLER 29?
Your mill is like mine.....you will absolutely LOVE it. Nice move!  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Gasawyer

Congratulations on the new mill! You'll love hydraulics. ENJOY
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

WoodenHead

Quote from: thecfarm on October 17, 2013, 07:53:52 PM
Does that replace your LT10? That is quite the step up.  :o  Good for you!!

+1 

Congrats!

Chuck White

Congratulations, that's an awesome mill!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LAZERDAN

Blessings Are Good   It always happens when you get to those expo's! No Control        Lazerdan

drobertson

Real happy for ya!   8)  nice machine,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

You don't mess around  :D.  No more Expo's for you  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawdusty1

Congratulations, you just took the work out of it.  After using the manual mill, you'll really appreciate it.  Good for you.
Woodmizer LT15
Husqvarna 550xp
Husqvarna 372xp
Husqvarna 350
Husqvarna 55 Rancher
Husqvarna 181se
Kubota L4701

YellowHammer

They sure look pretty when they are new.  Congratulations,  8)
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Peter Drouin

Good for you , and good luck  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

I am getting an inferiority complex  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Quote from: WDH on October 17, 2013, 10:43:07 PM
I am getting an inferiority complex  :D.

you should just go get one. and be done with it :D :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

WDH

This peer pressure is awful  :).

WildDog

Congratulations on both the mill and the blessing :)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Nomad

Congrats on getting a great mill. 8)  And now you start counting days... ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Peter Drouin

Quote from: WDH on October 17, 2013, 10:58:27 PM
This peer pressure is awful  :).

No pressure your 15 will do all the 40 will do , cut wood. It's when a man gets older he should make things easier for himself. If he can. I think thats what Sixacresand did :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

wwsjr

Keep us posted when you pick it up. I think you will be happy with your choice.

Willie
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Piston

That's quite a step up!  You don't mess around.   ;D

Congrats on the new mill, and thank your wife for us for her blessing ;D   8) 8)
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

slider

You did good ,Six .You are going to love this machine.
al glenn

nk14zp

Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

Sixacresand

Thanks everyone.  I will definitely be counting on you all on the Forum for support and encouragement with this new adventure.  The coach is taking the water bucket out of my hand and putting me in the big game.   I'm sure I will fumble a lot but maybe I will make a TD every now and then.   :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!