iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rechargeable battery powered grease guns

Started by NWP, December 08, 2014, 08:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWP

I'd like to hear from those of you that have them. I'd like to hear opinions on brands. I've used a Lincoln one in the past and had good luck but I bought a new Lincoln manual gun the other day. I paid $50 for it and it's no better than the $20 cheapo I've got. It gets tiring pumping through 2 tubes of grease manually.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

sandhills

I got a Lincoln once for free (haha) from a seed company I bought from, I really loved it right up to the night I stumbled into the shop in the dark and knocked it off the anvil  :-\.  It never had very good care, laid in the back of my truck most generally, and got rained on a time or two, all in all it held a charge good and always worked, no complaints.

Corley5

I've got two 14v Lincolns and both have been good tools.  One fell off the tractor platform and was run over by the haybine.  It required some replacement plastic parts.  I just replaced the batteries with some knockoffs I got on E-bay.  They hold a charge better than the originals.  I'm intrigued by the Milwaukee  ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

snowstorm

i have 2 a linclon and a Milwaukee. the Milwaukee is years ahead of the linclon. the linclon is made by black & decker in china. the motor in mine quit at 13months  i called linclon asking where i could buy a motor. they didnt really want to sell parts. wanted me to send it to there rebuilder. the guy at linclon said i did well for it to last that long 

red oaks lumber

the motor on my linclon died around 2 yrs old but, my charger smoked out at less than a year.i haven't decided which brand to buy next :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Hilltop366

I read this and it got me wondering if any one made a grease gun that would attach to a drill.

Search results: Makita T-01797 Grease Gun Attachment

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Hilltop366 on December 09, 2014, 09:06:35 AM
I read this and it got me wondering if any one made a grease gun that would attach to a drill.

Search results: Makita T-01797 Grease Gun Attachment

Never heard of this but will research it.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Corley5

Nice thing about the Milwaukee is the batteries from other Milwaukee tools are interchangeable with it unlike the Lincoln and other guns.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

snowstorm

i have had the milwaukee  for over 2 yrs still on the battery that came with it 12v. when i got it. it also came with a free right angle 3/8 drill. my linclon needed a battery and a hose. the hose was over $50 i dont recall how much the battery cost. the mill was $200 at the time

brendonv

Ive got a milwaukee too. Works great. Battery last a long time for me. Pumps strong.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Southside

14V Lincoln, probably two years old now, works great.  Had to replace the battery once for $20 ish.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thompsontimber

Had Lincoln and a knock off brand bought off one of the traveling tool trucks...no comparison there, the knock off quit holding a charge, pumped weak, and wore out quickly.  Lincoln was much better.  No experience with the Milwaukee, but sounds like a winner.  The battery powered grease gun is certainly nice in comparison to the old pumper.

beenthere

That is a good price. They run $70 from Amazon for the battery alone.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jocco

I bought a Mill quite some time ago and it has been trouble free.   :D Been very happy and would buy another  ;D Alamite makes one too but not many around. Oh if you buy one from a service/industrial place you can at least get it fixed or get  parts. As others said MILL batteries fit other tools.
You may check out but you will never leave

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

beenthere

jocco
Never heard of Mill.  Where are you located?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

customsawyer

I have a Lincoln that I have used for a couple of years. I haven't tried it but heard that some of the Dewalt batteries would fit it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Skidder Kev

We use the lincoln 18v, we have had it for a few yrs now and works good.  The problem we have had with it is the battery falling out, now I don't know if its cause it wasn't clipped in right to start with or when we rest it on the skidder tire one of the lugs pushes a clip in,  once it hits the ground it will break the clip off so it needs some 100mph tape to hold it in.   The other problem which isn't the guns fault,  we keep it in our greenlee so in the winter the battery doesn't last as long in the cold. 

Kev

CTL logger

Milwaukee all the way I've had them all, we pump a ton of grease with all the equipment I own. I think in one year I bought a Alemite, 2 li-ion Lincolns and by the end of last year I purchased 2 Milwaukee grease guns they run circles around all the others mine are the 18 volt type. They worked so well I've bought several other tools from them, 1/2" impact wrench and drill. I'm planning on getting the grinder and cordless vacuum. The batteries last a long time and have a button to push on them to see how much life is left in them.

Don_Papenburg

The Millwalkee 18v has a selector switch that will keep from putting excessive grease into a bearing.(I think it goes from 1too  20 pumps) If you have the other tools you can purchase it without the battery or charger. if needed repair parts are available.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Woodhauler

Quote from: CTL logger on December 09, 2014, 10:00:42 PM
Milwaukee all the way I've had them all, we pump a ton of grease with all the equipment I own. I think in one year I bought a Alemite, 2 li-ion Lincolns and by the end of last year I purchased 2 Milwaukee grease guns they run circles around all the others mine are the 18 volt type. They worked so well I've bought several other tools from them, 1/2" impact wrench and drill. I'm planning on getting the grinder and cordless vacuum. The batteries last a long time and have a button to push on them to see how much life is left in them.
You should check out the 3/4 drive impact! Very nice addition to the tool box!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

CTL logger

That's on the list as well Woodhauler, I can't think of one of the tools that don't work well. The 1/2" is impressive I bet the 3/4" is even better.

FayettesFinest

I used a Lincoln when I worked in a local concrete plant. It sure was nice being able to hold the hose on with one hand and hitting the trigger with the other. Just wish it had a trigger safety because I'd always manage to get grease all over everything, including myself, while climbing up and down the ladders.  :D Been looking into one for my equipment and have heard tons of good things about the Milwaukees so that's the way i'm leaning
A handful of junk saws and a junk F250

NWP

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I think I'll go with a Milwaukee. I'll probably look into the impact too.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Don_Papenburg

The Mill has a safety switch on the 18v  and a led lamp, That is handy on more than one occasion 
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!