iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

issues with 24V Series parallel switch on a c-5 Tree Farmer Skidder

Started by Danielanthony, September 02, 2019, 11:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielanthony

I have a  factory installed series parallel switch on my skidder that just stopped working. I can start the engine by putting 24 volts straight to the starter, however when trying the starter switch I only get a click and my multimeter shows only 12 volts at the starter. Has anyone had experience with this problem.

mike_belben

Can you draw up a simple schematic of how this switch is in the circuit including battery, key, starter and maybe accessory power.   Does the machine use 12v accessory and 24v starting? Is it a 12v ir 24v alternator?

A pic of the switch or a model number would work too.  Ive fixed countless dc electrical problems and never seen one of these gadgets.  
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Does the machine run on 12v but start on 24v?   I put a 2nd battery in series betwee  the solenoid and starter motor for fast starts on a hare scramble quad i used to race.   Im wondering if the machine is set up similar. 
Praise The Lord

KGTC4D

My tree farmer with a Duetz did the same thing once.  If you go on that box that connects the two battery's when you start it there are 2 flat copper fuses.  One of them was blown.  As as I replaced it it was good to go.  

Thank You Sponsors!